Looking for group doing LSD road rides in Gauteng

racman

Anyone know of groups doing LSD rides on Sat mornings or Sunday afternoons (Pace about 23-25km/hr avg). Looking to get back into riding and lose weight again since moving to JHB. I stay in Edenvale but will travel anywhere in Gauteng for a decent group in a safe environment.

BTW are the roadworks finished in the Cradle "loop"?

There's a group that goes from Bedfordview Virgin Active sat/sun a.m.'s that have got a mix of abilities. Call the gym & last I heard Michelle Joseph was the contact person - I think its more linked to the running club than the actual gym.

Sorry, I dont know of any groups, but, Phooew, 25km per hour is my average pace, so not that slow for me.! :blink:

The "S" in LSD does not stand for slow, it stands for steady.

Sorry, I dont know of any groups, but, Phooew, 25km per hour is my average pace, so not that slow for me.! :blink:

I'm talking about on a flat route !!! ;) :D

The "S" in LSD does not stand for slow, it stands for steady.

Ok, so we'll have to do LSSD then - that's steady AND slow !!! :D

Hey Racman check out www.team-edenglen.com. They have club rides every Saturday and Sunday leaving from the Virgin Active in Edenglen opposite the Karaglen Spar at 6:30 am. Routes differ on a Sunday, but Saturday is a pretty standard 42 to 56km depending on the group you ride with. There is almost always a "safety" car being driven behind the slowest rider by a fellow club member.

We're starting to do longer rides - building up to about 200Km per day (410Km on a weekend or two) by early Nov - in prep for the traditional end of year Habit 320Km, but probably at about 28km/h though.

I'm not sure who of my mates are going to join me yet on this year's 320Km, but I'm hoping I can kick them out of their winter slumber starting this weekend.

I'm out Clearwater Mall way if you're interested.

Xumbugs at cnr Klipriver and Swartkoppies in Alberton, every weekend morning at 7:30 for now, plenty options, plenty groups each with different objective.

Safe as the groups are also accompanied by Helivac/Think bike marshals

Xumbugs at cnr Klipriver and Swartkoppies in Alberton, every weekend morning at 7:30 for now, plenty options, plenty groups each with different objective.

Safe as the groups are also accompanied by Helivac/Think bike marshals

Cool, still got GreyOwl 2.0 (is he still around?) Blue BMC so hope no-one expects me to ride like him :rolleyes:

Cool, still got GreyOwl 2.0 (is he still around?) Blue BMC so hope no-one expects me to ride like him :rolleyes:

not sure what happened to him

no one woudl expect anything, just ride like yourself - much better

There's a group that goes from Bedfordview Virgin Active sat/sun a.m.'s that have got a mix of abilities. Call the gym & last I heard Michelle Joseph was the contact person - I think its more linked to the running club than the actual gym.

Michelle is running the Cycling for BCC Athletics from Bedfordview VA. http://bedfordviewathletics.co.za/

Ozzie/Riaan would be the contact for Team Edenglen from Edenglen VA. http://www.team-edenglen.com/

Else the Edenvale pedallers from PnP just off Van Riebeeck. http://www.edenvalecycling.co.za/

PM me if you want any of the numbers for the above guys/gals ;)

I'm riding with the Bedfordview (xComo bike) guys, Sat avg 33-39km/h round 85km route and then Sun, they do 70-125km at an avg of 28-29km/h.