Lost City: Found the city and with it the wind

Jimmy

Tough day on the bike, thought i would ace this but wind was k@k and my time was 4 min slower than my previous best.

Yup' date=' I knew it was going to be windy and went to my Sons wedding instead!!!!!!!![/quote']

So if you knew it was not going to be windy you would have skipped your son's wedding ?

Compared to last year I thought there was a lot less wind this yr.  The winners' times were 4-5mins. faster as were those of my friends.  The only place where it seemed a big factor was the cross-wind when we were heading south on the rd back to Gauteng.

Hey Lulu, I see you are on board. Did you race yesterday? ... and Wolverine? I rode with Amateur - who was doing her first century since the Liberty Ride for Sight and was her come-back ride after her op. As anyone who knows her will be able to confirm, we chatted the whole way and I, for one, didn't even notice the kms going by LOL So, as a consequence treated this one as a training ride, not a race like the Carousel. Trying to get as much saddle time as possible in preparation for The Big Ride down to PMB to take part inh the AmaShova! Dead

Hey MichaelH! nope, didn't race yesterday.  Wolfie and I did our usual saturday morning club ride and suffered in the wind.  at one stage I was pedaling downhill as hard as I could but only reached 30km/h. Glad to see you had some good company yesterday.

next race I'm planning to do is Dome2Dome and will also be traveling to do the ShovaThumbs%20Up

Hey Wolverine, MichaelH will be doing the d2d whether he likes it or not...I am coming up to do it with him as well...

Hey Wolverine' date=' MichaelH will be doing the d2d whether he likes it or not...I am coming up to do it with him as well...[/quote']

So listen, OT - my entry has been signed, sealed and delivered! And yours? Big%20smile

If you did the Nola race, you would not even have notice the wind at the Lost City race. I could still manage about 30km/h in yesterdays wind. At the Nola I was standing and pedaling and could get up to about 18km/h.

Overall I was glad to one have witnessed one accident with the groups being so big.