help required in choosing bike size

Saudiq

Hi All,

I need some help please.

I want to buy a new road bike and I'm certain as to whether I should stick to size small 44 cm (which is my current bike size) or if I can switch to something a bigger?

My height is 1.73 cm. I did a bike fitting a while back and the bike shop gave me a printout, but I'm not sure how to read this thing? I've attached the image. What I need to know is, can I go with a centre to top of 48 cm or 50 cm? and what should the Top tube size be?

Thanks

Saudiq

post-11428-033714100 1281948011.jpg

looking at that image your bike is a size 50 c-c. as for your top tube size not sure. i have a xls spread sheet that might help. cant remember where i downloaded from.

try sheldo brown's webs site. might have luck. or pm me with your email.

Hi sadiq, a fellow hubber posted a link for accurate fitment awhile ago. You may find it in a search...If not PM me your email address & I'll send you the program. The file is about 3 megs.

Try www.ebicycles.com which should give you a better guideline. That printout is a size 50 c-c so you should look at a 52-54cm bike c-t depending on your inseam measurement and the way some manufacturers measure their frame sizes. Some measure the vertical distance on the seat tube while others measure along the length of the seat tube so just watch out for that.

The print out suggests that you ride a 50cm C-T-C which will normally equate to a 52cm from middle of BB to top of seat post clamp.

Just be aware that almost every manufacturer measures their bike differently.

That picture also looks like a normal frame, you'll have to go a little smaller if you going to ride a compact frame.

The length that you need from the seat to the handle bars can be manipulated with different sized stems.

looking at that image your bike is a size 50 c-c. as for your top tube size not sure. i have a xls spread sheet that might help. cant remember where i downloaded from.

try sheldo brown's webs site. might have luck. or pm me with your email.

Thanks... PM sent

Hi sadiq, a fellow hubber posted a link for accurate fitment awhile ago. You may find it in a search...If not PM me your email address & I'll send you the program. The file is about 3 megs.

PM sent...

Thanks all for the replies. I went to check a Specialized bike yesterday and the size is completely different to my giant compact! If only I knew that a while ago... I missed out on a fantastic deal because I thought the bike would be to big for me! :)