Braamfontein Spruit - new ramps

Scooterza

I rode the Braamfontein Spruit yesterday afternoon. Pretty cool - some new ramps etc have been added. There is one just after you cross Conrad Drive (heading upstream) where someone has made a ramp over a ditch. Pretty awesome. Thanks to whoever did that.

I must say that the upstream jump is significantly shorter than the downstream one. That downstream one looks nasty - has anyone jumped it? I jumped the upstream one and that was a bit of an adrenalin rush! My brother said my rear tyre landed on the edge of the ditch so I only just cleared it. The thing with those kinds of jumps is you must give it stick - if you don't and you hit the other side with your front wheel, the result would be ugly.

I haven't been lower down on the spruit recently - a while back I noticed someone had built a series of jumps. Great stuff. Nice that we have a bit of urban single track that is challenging.

I rode the Braamfontein Spruit yesterday afternoon. Pretty cool - some new ramps etc have been added. There is one just after you cross Conrad Drive (heading upstream) where someone has made a ramp over a ditch. Pretty awesome. Thanks to whoever did that.

I must say that the upstream jump is significantly shorter than the downstream one. That downstream one looks nasty - has anyone jumped it? I jumped the upstream one and that was a bit of an adrenalin rush! My brother said my rear tyre landed on the edge of the ditch so I only just cleared it. The thing with those kinds of jumps is you must give it stick - if you don't and you hit the other side with your front wheel, the result would be ugly.

I haven't been lower down on the spruit recently - a while back I noticed someone had built a series of jumps. Great stuff. Nice that we have a bit of urban single track that is challenging.

I went for the first time on friday to the jumps next to the scout hall at the end of Grosvenor rd. Is this the "series of jumps" you are referring to?

If so... they're awesome. I was very apprehensive about trying them on friday. But on saturday, after a visit to the dirt jump track at the bike park, I went again, and it was killer!

My thanks too, to the guys who build and maintain these