Nightmare CRC Order

Seeker911

Placed an order with CRC which was shipped on 1 July 2010. 1 Chain, 1 Cluster, 1 Stem. The order arrived late last week a whole 6 weeks later. Not only this they packed the cluster and stem in the same floppy envelope. Guess what the stem is ruined looks like a hail damaged car.

Initially after week 2 I complained the order was late and was told I had to wait 35 working days before they would re-process the shipment or consider a refund. Consequently I had to purchase the goods locally or go without 4 weeks of pre-season training? Then when the goods arrived they arrived damaged! What sort of idiot puts a cluster and stem in the same envelope without protective wrapping or boxing? Now I need to pay more to ship the stuff back ?

A big thank you :rolleyes: to my fellow hubbers for supplying me with the parts I needed at decent prices and a big thumbs :angry: down to CRC for gettings everything wrong.

Dissing CRC on the hub is like sleeping with your sisters daughter mate, your going to get slaughtered by the PRO CRC hub crew.

But dont feel bad, I put my order in 12 May and after much much fighting and resends it arrived today. only 3 Months late.

Crc could have packaged you parcel correctely have you seen customs go to work when they repack

Now I need to pay more to ship the stuff back ?

A big thank you :rolleyes: to my fellow hubbers for supplying me with the parts I needed at decent prices and a big thumbs :angry: down to CRC for gettings everything wrong.

Have you contacted them to tell them about the condition of the goods? Have they replied?

Until they've refused to deal with your complaint they haven't done everything wrong

If they behave anything like their competition (Evan's Cycles) there's a reasonable chance that they'll refund or replace the goods at their cost. You're just spiting yourself by not trying.

Edit 29/3/2011: Unfortunately, I can no longer recommend Evans Cycles. Their customer service on my most recent order has been atrocious and I will never buy from them again.

Details here https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/101833-evans-cycles-atrocious-service/

Edited by Edman

covie: u sound like u hate CRC, or at least dislike them. Anyways, tens of thousands of rands later, i've stil yet to find a reason to not like them. At minimum. Then again, amybe i dont give a damn about small issues that would occur no matter where one goes, or i dont try to prove them bad. /shrug.

They rock. Every other LBS that matches or beats their price rocks even more.

Sounds to me like you trusted our handy Postoffice to deliver. :blink:

Next time try UPS door to door courier services!

I made an order on a Friday, Front shock arrived on the Wednesday! 3-4 Days! Nothing bad to say about CRC!!!!

Sent them an email after receiving my front shock praising them on their service. :D

For me, 51 orders later and only one stuff up, but that was SA customs rather than CRC to be fair... ! I hope lady luck's not about to turn on me anytime soon!

My stuff posted on 30 July and I am still waiting, my worst fears are starting to surface as the order is for a set of Oakley Jawbones! I am already resigning myself to the fact that they have probably already been re-distributed to the needy :(

covie: u sound like u hate CRC, or at least dislike them. Anyways, tens of thousands of rands later, i've stil yet to find a reason to not like them. At minimum. Then again, amybe i dont give a damn about small issues that would occur no matter where one goes, or i dont try to prove them bad. /shrug.

They rock. Every other LBS that matches or beats their price rocks even more.

No I dont hate them mate I'm very pro Web ordering (Especially at lower prices) However,

They do need to review their distrobution method's to SA, neither their postal or parcelforce is very effective.

Service is not too bad, But if they had better tracking on their distrobution channels It would have taken me three months and three shipments. though they have been pleasant enough when i mailed them and complained. The response time is less than satisfacotry.

Product range as we know is brilliant. But in future I will not be making use of their postal or parcel force methods of shipping as its simply too cumbersome stressfull and inefeciant.

On small orders its better to pop off to my LBS and pay R100 extra and save myself the hassle. For bigger orders I will consider them.

People must just realize that its not all roses with these chaps.

definitely, thanks to covie.

Always happy to spice things up a bit. Seeing as Im off sick for three days I will get bored :) and venge my frustrations on the hub :D

Dissing CRC on the hub is like sleeping with your sisters daughter mate, your going to get slaughtered by the PRO CRC hub crew.

But dont feel bad, I put my order in 12 May and after much much fighting and resends it arrived today. only 3 Months late.

I have also had Nightmare CRC orders, But The amount I save from them makes up for the bad.

They are far from perfect, but the facts remain.

even u had a big trouble Bos? oi. The OP's situation definitely sucksdonkeysballs, but for the others, what constitutes nightmare CRC orders? Worst todate, was waiting for a parcelforce order via a group purchase that took almost 6 weeks.

TBH: i almost exclusively use UPS. Get's here yesterday, and i'm willing to absorb the extra costs. However, since most of my stuff is DH related, the mere fact i cant get it here more than makes up for the extra cost.