Litespeed Warranty Sucks

Agter-os

Buying a Litespeed always meant buying a lifetime warrenty but not anymore if you read your fine prints - you would see small words like"and" instead of "or" were changed and they think we would not recognize this? Unfortunately this still does not mean I can get my bike back from repairs after 9 months!

I wonder how this compares to other manufacturers' lifetime warranties? (Trek/Cervelo/Cannondale etc)

Perhaps time to upgrade your frame material ;) :)

I am hearing more and more issues about litespeed and warranties. In the past litespeed would stand behind their product no questions asked. Now it seems that they ask questions until they don't have to replace.

I think the tough economic climate is making these guys re-evaluate their position regarding warranties.Pity because these are great bikes

I am hearing more and more issues about litespeed and warranties. In the past litespeed would stand behind their product no questions asked. Now it seems that they ask questions until they don't have to replace.

I think the tough economic climate is making these guys re-evaluate their position regarding warranties.Pity because these are great bikes

<cynical hat on>

In tough economic times they like to cut the engineers' salaries before admin and management's. Net result all the good engineers go looking for better work and they're left with the *** ones who'll work for peanuts.

Bad design's fail more often than good ones.

A side effect of this is that good engineers quickly become jaded.

</cynical hat>

Litespeed was sold by its founders a couple of years back. The original founders started Lynskey. The Litespeed name of today would not be seen on bikes like this:

http://i37.tinypic.com/ioi7nl.jpg

I wonder if sale of a company to big money investors is often followed by a decline?

It happened with Lightweight - Carbonsports, too.

Sadly, my favourite wheels company (Zipp) has been sold to SRAM. Will they end up following the same route?

Zipp and Sram have always come out of the same factory anyway, so dont see it being a different quality.

Litespeed was sold by its founders a couple of years back. The original founders started Lynskey. The Litespeed name of today would not be seen on bikes like this:

http://i37.tinypic.com/ioi7nl.jpg

I wonder if sale of a company to big money investors is often followed by a decline?

It happened with Lightweight - Carbonsports, too.

Sadly, my favourite wheels company (Zipp) has been sold to SRAM. Will they end up following the same route?

SRAM is actually one of the few companies that improve when they buy out others, look at what they did with rock shox.

SRAM is actually one of the few companies that improve when they buy out others, look at what they did with rock shox.

Agreed. Sram has improved every brand they've bought.

Talking of warranties, a tyre that gave me problems was replaced today under warranty after 11 months of ownership, the first time a warranty has ever benefited me, wow, felt like winning the lotto.

Hope you sort your warranty issues out.