No ammonia tyre sealant...best one?

Gerhardc

Did a search on Hub...couldn't find anything...

Sick and tired of delaminating tyres....wanna try non-ammonia tyre sealant now....which is best??

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am also interested in the Sludge. The website says they are tried and tested and they also sponsor the cape outback.

I am currently using OKO in my tubes and no-flats (The blue one) in my tubeless.

The sealant need to get to the side walls which OKO/No-flats wont do especially in "tubeless ready" tyres.

Sludge All Terrain (orange box) is the way to go if you want amonia free sealant...awesome stuff. I know the owner of Sludge and this one is specifically made for Mavic rims which are better run without amonia due to corrosion issues and tyres which are prone to delaminate. Sludge ladies team came second in their category in the Cape Epic without a single flat. The proof is in the pudding, is'nt it?

Sludge All Terrain (orange box) is the way to go if you want amonia free sealant...awesome stuff. I know the owner of Sludge and this one is specifically made for Mavic rims which are better run without amonia due to corrosion issues and tyres which are prone to delaminate. Sludge ladies team came second in their category in the Cape Epic without a single flat. The proof is in the pudding, is'nt it?

Any idea how long it lasts - tried OKO and it seems to dry out fairly quickly.

Okay, I just went to get some sludge and these guys need to pick up their game. They come in 100ml/200ml bottles.

Its one bottle per tyre which costs R150 for both tyres. Can get 900ml of stans for close to that from CWC/buycycle.

Going to put it in my tyre tonight and see how well it seals

Any idea how long it lasts - tried OKO and it seems to dry out fairly quickly.

Been running OKO for months on end...mine not dry!

Try mixing a wee bit of water with it...when adding OKO the first time...thins it out just a bit and keeps wet all year round.

Guys have a look at this website www.jbultraseal.co.za

It is an amonia free tyre sealant from america. it never has to be toped up nor does it dry or ball up inside your tyre

Guys have a look at this website www.jbultraseal.co.za

It is an amonia free tyre sealant from america. it never has to be toped up nor does it dry or ball up inside your tyre

What are the priceses for Ultraseal?

Plenty Sealants out there. Availability is the issue.

I have realised that STANS is probably the most obtainable sealant. This will need to be considered when its time for top-ups as you dont want to mix.

Where do you guys get OKO In CT?

Where does one get JB Ultraseal?

Every bike shops has STANS although there seems to be a dry spell on conversion kits.

My favourite is Slimepro. It is a pretty new product for tubeless systems. Around R125 at your lbs and this is enough for 8 tyres (R16/tyre)! No delamination, no drying out, instant sealing, actually smells nice too. Had mine in for about 3 months now. Better check how much is left :o

http://www.slime.com/product/781/(10112)-Slime-Pro-Tubeless-Sealant-.html

sludge, you can put 100ml in each tyre, so if r150 refers to the big bottle then thats two tyres, been running it on my bike for a while and never had any problems

Is that the all terrain sludge?

Slime pro is in the bicycling and I had it in my hands last night. The slime pro is about R145 for 8 tyres. Sludge is R150 for 2 tyres. Always good to have spare sealant lying around.

There is also a MAXXIS PRO sealant coming out due to the amount of warranty claims from delamination.