Weapon of choice for the imminent roadie season

raptor

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse the rearlight and the petz at the front. It's in early morning ride mode.

There is no excuse for intelligence...

If I had to award a prize for the nicest bike posted here, it would be:

(Insert Drum roll)

1. Caad9 (MariusL)

2. C50 (BBox)

Honourable mention to LeTurbo for the Master Olympic, but I think the bike may hold you back a bit on the Jock.

(Insert Drum roll)

1. Caad9 (MariusL)

2. C50 (BBox)

Honourable mention to LeTurbo for the Master Olympic, but I think the bike may hold you back a bit on the Jock.

Thanks Christie :)

(Insert Drum roll)

1. Caad9 (MariusL)

2. C50 (BBox)

Thanks Christie, too :D

(I was in a lbs recently and they were passing my MO 'round: "Crikey, feel how heavy this is. Look how small the cluster is." Etc. Off to a different lbs now!)

Let's see what is your weapon, or rather bike of choice for the roadie season starting off soon, and what will you be pedalling during the big races such as the 2011 Argus Cycle Tour.

This is my bike, a carbon 2010 Merida Scultura 905 Com, with an Ultegra group, Mavic Ksyrium SL wheels with a carbon handle bar and seat post.

do you ever have problems with your kreepy getting stuck behind your pool gobler?

With a new team comes a new Chariot...

This will be my ride for 2011.

What team are you riding for - and whats happening to the pretty Spez you got just before DC?

What team are you riding for - and whats happening to the pretty Spez you got just before DC?

I will be riding for Team RSAWEB and I still have my SL3. It's getting dressed in brand new Sram Red, Zipp bars and stem...

I will have both weapons at my disposal :devil:

The Caad9 and C50 are have got a timeless quality, they will always be regarded as cool bikes. A lot of current top end stuff will have a "last season" look next year, and will start looking dated after 2 or 3 years.

Plus both these machines can be built up to sub 6.8 kgs - weighing a Dogma and a CAAD9 on the same scale should be entertaining ;)

do you carry spare clothes in that saddlebag? and why the pump tied to the top of frame?

Edited by MTB_Roadie

do you carry spare clothes in that saddlebag? and why the bum tied to the top of frame?

:lol: :lol: duvet covers perhaps?

Edited by flymango