Reba Team dual air with pushloc setup

wapad

I have taken delivery of the reba team shock and want some info on setup. I have done a basic setup but am a little confused about the lockout and the floodgate settings. I had a fox FL 100 with lockout and was surprised that the reba doesnt actually have a full lockout so you still get a bit of movement. I understand the + and - air settings but as I understand the FG has about 18 clicks and if it is all the way couter clockwise than effectively there is full bypass even when the pushloc is engaged.

I have scanned the net but would like some local advice and possible a link or expl. on a good setup regime I think at current settings of 135+ and 130 - its soaks up the bumps great but was a little disapointed with the lockout.

Floodgate is for when you are locked out and hit a bump. It allows for mistakes. With this feature you can ride up trails and when you forget to unlock on a flat section, you dont break your arms when you hit a hectic bump.

I have fiddled with that floodgate and I cant seem to tell the difference between it being locked out and unlocked am I missing something I am doing it in a stationary position so I thought maybe I am exerting to much force. I am comparing the lockout to a Fox is that incorrect measure.

If i have it correctly all the new rock shox will allow for 5% play on full lockout to avoid the fork breaking due to sudden hard impact while in a locked out state.

finally after fiddling around I realised that the pushloc lever cable had about 1 mm play so the lockout was just shy of engaging, anyway now its working properly and now I can get down to setting the floodgate. went in the forrest today and the the reba team is a fine piece of kit.

The fox is generally a little more to service, I wanted a remote lockout and I didnt hear good things about the device on the fox and lastly I wanted to try dual air. I find the reba soaks up the bumps a lot better.

The Reba seems to be more tuneable I weigh 101kg so I can set the sag and still get the benefit of soaking up the bumps. I can also extend to 120mm if I need. I got a good deal at 4200 from my lbs wth remote pushloc, Fox is way more expensive

So as you can see I feel there are loads of benefits for my situation.

I put the fox onto my HT so I get the best of both.

On the team you have a blackbox motion control, this allows for dual rebound .. you can read up about this on SRAMS WEBSITE... if you close floodgate your shock should lock out... but there must be some play... also when you sit on your bike your shock should suspend about 20% so check your presure