Who is the local supplier for....

meerkat

Yeah, how long did it take you to do that.? Not too busy I assume. :D

Anyway, looking at this, my impression is theres too many brands for the market, theres duplicate brands and brands I have never even heard of. How on earth can these tiny brands make enough money to keep been viable? I cant see it.!!

Actually only Pro bike stocks a brand range in which I recognise all of them - in my opinion THATS a good business model.! - no "fluff" just product that the market buys in reasonable quantity and is recognised by the layman - like me.!

Planet Cycles = Orbea

Evolution cycles = Evolution frames, Microshift compnents

Planet-X-bikes.co.za = Planet-X frames and components, On-One frames and components, Ness frames and components, YBN chains, Kona

RAVX Design = Ravx, Solis Tel: +27 (11) 792-2900 Email: sainfo@ravx.com

STORK Bicycles

SwissStop Brake Pads

Schwalbe Bicycle Tires

Carbon Ti

GL Import & Trading

28 Railway Road

Montague Gardens

Tel: 021 552 3249

Fax: 021 551 7685

info@glit.co.za

Cape Cycles lost the Koolstop agency. They didn't have a cooking clue what a good product they had and did ziltch with it. I hope the new agent, BMX Direct realises what a gem they have.

I'm also not so sure that CCS actually has VP components. It is another gem that gets no local recognition.

Cape Cycles lost the Koolstop agency. They didn't have a cooking clue what a good product they had and did ziltch with it. I hope the new agent, BMX Direct realises what a gem they have.

I'm also not so sure that CCS actually has VP components. It is another gem that gets no local recognition.

I dont know one brake pad from another, but honestly, how on earth can a small cycling community who probably self imports 30% or more of their requirements support the three brake pad brands mentioned here.?

Bike shops just cant support all these differant brands, so like you say, some just get lost in the system and are just represented here in name - finding them on a bike shop shelf is another story.

• 6 years later...

Well Done. A few mistakes here and there but other than that. List is perfect.

Thanks alot... :clap:

Well Done. A few mistakes here and there but other than that. List is perfect.

Thanks alot... :clap:

I'm sure there would have been changes in the past 6 years, since this thread was opened!