teachers strike???

Omlette

Does anybody have information on the teachers strike, got an sms from my daughters school in Benoni advising my children to stay at home as the protestors are being aggressive.

Apparently they where at Wordsworth High School then moved onto a primary school in Crystal Park where they broke the fence, gate and threw stones at the windows.

Tomorrow apparently they will be going past my daughters school in Northmead and a nearby highschool

Any person living in Benoni that can confirm these claims?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in education myself and it's true they are going to different schools using scare tactics such as breaking down the main gate. Police have often been present and I haven't heard of any injuries yet. Last time I heard they want an 8% increase.

The Story about Crystal Park is true. I know the principle very well. He is furios! Police apparantly did not do anything. There were close to a 1000 people there.

funny thing, got a sms from the school my son attends, Weltevreden Park Primary, "School is open as normal"

and not long ago, the school my son attended in KZN,(they have not taken me of there contact listing) says that the "indefinite strike continues. Pupils will be advised when to return to school"

will there ever be an end to the unions suggesting workers going on strike?

oh its fun living in Africa :\ I say fire the useless bunch and replace them with hard working educated teachers from Botswana. At least they know how to behave themselves like civilized human beings.

I got a day off work today. Not because I'm on strike though.

On arriving at the hospital I was met by a bunch of stick-wielding gents with red t-shirts on. They seemed angry. No medical staff were allowed into or out of the hospital. The entire hospital shut down. Nothing like causing a few deaths to make the government give you what you want.

The Story about Crystal Park is true. I know the principle very well. He is furios! Police apparantly did not do anything. There were close to a 1000 people there.

my word, they truly are savages!!!! those poor kids must have been petrified

the law should be simple at the first act of violence arrest every single one of the morons. And we as stand up south african parents actually trust our children with these "educators"

Maybe all civil (sic) servants from the president down should receive equal pay (no, I'm not a communist) with bonuses based on tertiary education level relative to the job you're in, ie a medical doctor would get the basic plus X, but just the basic if he elects to rather be a street sweeper. A teacher gets X plus the bonus of Y for a basic education degree plus extra for a Masters, Doctorate etc relative to their field of tuition.

Maybe we'd get better educated educators, but how does one make them all be conscientious?

oh its fun living in Africa :\ I say fire the useless bunch and replace them with hard working educated teachers from Botswana. At least they know how to behave themselves like civilized human beings.

At least they know they will get locked up if they just so much as step out of line.......at least they are prepared to work for a pittance and not dare complain !

And we as stand up south african parents actually trust our children with these "educators"

absolutely scary!!!!!

and not only our children as their educators, we also allow them to treat and prescribe medication to us.

if they provided up standard service, then wanted more money, i'll agree. but there service levels are horrific.

Follow the below link to a story in at a Witbank hospital. Was shown on Carte Blanche a few weeks ago.

http://beta.mnet.co.za/carteblanche/Article.aspx?Id=4024&ShowId=1

Govmt to blame, they just spent how much billion on a FIFA World Cup , and you still read in newspapers today about Ministers lavish spending.. yet they cannot give a decent wage to these people!

Govmt to blame, they just spent how much billion on a FIFA World Cup , and you still read in newspapers today about Ministers lavish spending.. yet they cannot give a decent wage to these people!

Whats a "decent wage" in your mind.?

yet they cannot give a decent wage to these people!

Decent wage only for decent job done. some deserve it and a lot dont.

Whats a "decent wage" in your mind.?

a 7% increase on R3000 is not "decent"

a 7% on say R10000 can be considered "decent"

not so?

oh come one how many of the "rest of us" dont even get increases and if we do we get like 5%. If we striked we would simply be replaced. These people strike because thats what they get told to do, they dont have the capacity to think. Let alone work in schools and hospitals etc. I say look at the ones that are not striking, give them a 25% increase, and give the ones that strike 0% that should teach them a nice lesson about reponsibility in the workplace.