Cycling Buddy Wanted

grumpy

Hi

I am planning to start training again in the early morning, planning to do 50km's before work, interested rides can contact me.

My average speed over the distance is about 26km/h and raising to 30km/h as I get fitter, but it's 26km/h for now.

I have a strong front light to light the way.

The proposed route and times are as follows:

Route 1

Tuesday 05h00

Hendrik Verwoerd rd - Plattekloof rd - Burganday Estate - Tiekiedraai - Tyger Valley rd - JIP de Jager rd, turn around at Welgemoed centre and do the route in reverse = 50km.

Route 2

Thursday 05h00

Jip de Jager rd - Tyger Valley rd - Tiekiedraai - Contermanskloof - Vissershok - Race Coarse rd - Tiekiedraai - Burgandy Estate - Plattekloof rd - Hendrik Verwoerd rd - home = 50km

Any takers?

Let me know when you want to start aswell then I can also get my A$$ in gear for some training, might just do one loop with you cause Need to be home buy 6:45.

thanks

Stay next to Welgemoed centre down the road from Bellville golf course

Hi Butafly,

I have done the route many times, normally arrive at the bottom of Vissershok at 05h30, at that time there is virtually no traffic, the traffic normally increases drasticallty from 06h00 and by that time I am past Tiekiedraai in the yellow lane.

How much are you paying?

For the right fee, I can be anyone's cycling buddy?

Go ahead, make me an offer I can't understand.

So what time do you get to the burgandy estate area?

I commute up along plattekloof rd every day, but most probably way after you.

I normally only leave home (Table View) at around 7.

So what time do you get to the burgandy estate area?

I commute up along plattekloof rd every day, but most probably way after you.

I normally only leave home (Table View) at around 7.

Do you start cycling at 7am? I am also looking to join someone and 5am is a bit early in winter, in summer it would work :)

How much are you paying?

For the right fee, I can be anyone's cycling buddy?

Go ahead, make me an offer I can't understand.

Hi Slave

Hired cyclists are useally useless, don't want to drop you and leave you behind in the dark...

If you're paying him I would definitely expect him to be pulling all the way at 35+. Not worth it unless it's pedal-powered motorpacing.

Do you start cycling at 7am? I am also looking to join someone and 5am is a bit early in winter, in summer it would work :)

Yep.

I generally leave home weekdays tues-fri at around 7 (table view)

If you want to meet up with me somewhere on the way to belville then you are more than welcome.

Weekends if the weather behaves better :( I am trying to get out before 5 for about a 4 hour ride.

Yep.

I generally leave home weekdays tues-fri at around 7 (table view)

If you want to meet up with me somewhere on the way to belville then you are more than welcome.

Weekends if the weather behaves better :( I am trying to get out before 5 for about a 4 hour ride.

I see in another one of your posts that you stay close to tyger valley.

What you can always do is cycle towards me in the morning and then meet up with me halfway (i will be coming in your direction)

Hi Grumpy I'll keep an eye out for you I commute daily between Burgundy and Bellvile I normall leave about 5:30 from the Total alternating routes around the hill. Will be on MTB so will try to keep up.

Did our first ride this morning... it was very chills... and yes, very dark too. But a nice route (I did +-65km, 6km from home to where we meet up), and nice to get a quality workout before the graft begins.

Looking forward to next week already!