Organisers not quite honest with competitors

steve

I rode the 28km Urban Assault on Sunday.

I did not pre-enter so the entry fee was R100.

As I live in the East Rand I only decided to do the event because it was advertised as being 35km and I know there are a few hills in the area.

Only after I did my entry (PAID) did I hear it was now a 27km race so off I went to where I entered and I asked for R20.00. As my race was now 20% less I thought I should get a 20% refund on my entry fee . They all looked at me like I was silly so I asked why it had been shortened and was told it was because they didn't get permission to use 'the quarry'. "When did they find out?" I asked, and much to my surprise some guy standing behind me said they knew over a week ago.Angry

My points is: I would not have bothered with the race if it was only 28 km and if I had've known the 75km race was only 54km I might have considered that option although I'm not particularly keen on doing the same lap twice.

Now I see the results have me as nearly half an hour slower than my Polar!!Angry 

Well done for asking for your R20 back!! Glad to see there are some consumers in this country normally inundated with sheep!! good on ya!!

off to the advertising standards authority with race organisers. there seems to be a lot of crap with some organisers. the proliferation of new events is going to see alot more of this type of disorganisation. and it's not like the UA is a new event.

well done steve!

quick calculation: that's R3.57 per kilometre. reckon running a hummer could be cheaper!

and, oh, delgado, dig the new avatar. went out to sugarbush - this time in the mtb - on sunday again. had a jol! no hijack intended.
holy roller2007-08-27 09:26:55

I just had a look at the Spring Classic information on Entrytime. Why is the entry fee for both distances the same ie R125,00? It is the first race that i have seen this "logic" applied.

I just had a look at the Spring Classic information on Entrytime. Why is the entry fee for both distances the same ie R125' date='00? It is the first race that i have seen this "logic" applied.[/quote']

Don't you get that original Fox t-shirt when entering the short event aswell?

I just had a look at the Spring Classic information on Entrytime. Why is the entry fee for both distances the same ie R125' date='00? It is the first race that i have seen this "logic" applied.[/quote']

Don't you get that original Fox t-shirt when entering the short event aswell?

Yes, but why charge the same for both distances.

Late entry is a double penalty - R25 and no T shirt.

I entered the Spring Classic, but it is unlikely that I'll wear the T shirt. I'd much rather have an affordable entry fee and the option to buy the shirt.

Why should I be forced to buy a shirt I don't want?

good point. many races offer it as an extra. but, this is being tossed at you as an early entry extra. that way the organiser still makes money out of the dude that entered 10 days before, but then couldn't get his lardass outta bed come raceday