Flash bikes and the midlife crisis

andretraut

I am trying to justify my envisaged procurement of a Pinarello Dogma with a Most Lightweight wheelset in the nearby future (my absolute dream bike!), and then came across a very interesting story in the Mail and Guardian online, which obviously explains my endeavors to always want the very best in bikes and gear. I gave a copy of the article to my wife, and she is not keen on the Pinarello, but would rather see me on top of a Dogma than a 20 year old bimbo with boobs the size of my Rudy Project helmet! :D

http://www.mg.co.za/article/2010-08-17-flash-bikes-and-that-midlife-thing

Have to agree with blanc there..... will be fun with the bimbo in the short term but lots of K@K later..... stick with the bike - at least your wife will know 'who' it is you are cheating on her with :lol:

Tell your wife you want a Harley with all the trimming. Insist upon it. Leave catalogues lying about.

Then give up on that idea, sigh and subtly let her know how much cheaper and healthier a Dogma is :rolleyes:

My friends, going through their mid life crisis, have bought: A Porche Boxster, a jet powered ski boat, and a gyrocopter. Bicycles (even Dogmas) are cheap compared.

For a mid life crisis, you are meant to grow a pony tail and buy a Harley or a Porche or similar, not a bicycle!!.

I mean honestly, thats just letting all us other "mid lifers" down.! :)

Get the Dogma but "sacrifice" the Lightweights for Boras and the wife will think have been sensible and saved money. :D

It does seem a bit unfair: men get new cars, new bikes and perhaps a new "secretary". Women get hot flushes and emotional.

It does seem a bit unfair: men get new cars, new bikes and perhaps a new "secretary". Women get hot flushes and emotional.

I would rather have hot flushes and be emotional than live with someone who is ;)

I'm getting myself one of these...

Fully built up will be around the 5.9kg-ish mark

All for a tad more than the price of a Dogma Frameset B)

Custom built and fully hand built in italy B)

Different Groupset and wheelset set up to pic :)

BOTTECCHIA MILLE

post-9316-045523300 1282287520_thumb.jpg