Lost City MTB trash

Ox_Wagon

So what is up with the MTBers at the race leaving trash like punctured inner tubes and gel satchel next to the trail?   Confused<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

My wife hates it when I come home with empty and sticky gel sachets in my shirt pocket and then dump everything in the washing mashine ..... but I do that rather than leave it for some poor animal to choke on!!

Funny thing is that riders only seem to leave rubbish behind in races. Where I ride I seldom see any mtb trash lying around although there's lots of tyre tracks.

Whilst doing the MTB race, came up to a guy (Entry No 954) who had just finished changing his tube, and were taking off, leaving his punctured tube right there in the middle of the dirt track.

Cycled up to him and said:

"Don't you think you should pick up your tube and take it with you? It's not really cool to litter like that"

His reply: "Why don't you pick it up then?"

Me said: "You've got quite a sh*t attitude!!!!"

After which the conversation from him deteriorated substantially to F** You, F** Off, F** Arsehole etc, etc!!!

So to Mr 954: Nice Going MORSJORS!!!! (Litterbug, for de Ingliesh dudes)

We don't actually need arseholes like you in Cycling!!!!!

Disapprove No... finished dead last in the 50km race, and found out that Barend had taken 3rd place, only for his chip not to register and having to sort that out, took my mind right off the incident... Sorry

I agree. Mountain biking is an outdoor sport, and riders must look after the environment.

Also, it's not because it is a race that someone will pick up after you. Guys with this kind of attitude should be fined.

MR 954 u are an @#%^&*(

I had 2 punctures and picked up my tubes, washers things and end caps and kept my empty gels in my pocket. Think of the poor warthogs that could of choked on your tube!!!!

Trashing the environment is only ok for the americans ok.....

Not defending this for one moment - but I think part of the problem, in agreement with the comment that stated this only seems to happen in the races - is that the participants assume that the organisers will be coming from behind [picking up their markers/personnel etc.], and then do a general sweep of the area for any litter...

Which is possibly why I've always noticed the litter to be pretty openly tossed onto the trail, as opposed to off the sides, where it won't be easily spotted...

Not suggesting this is acceptable, but maybe the organisers should make a point of announcing prior to each start something about "leave only your tracks"....

Or like in the Giro...

If they see your "mouse out of the house" or if they see you litter, they will fine you!

Thumbs%20Up

This is one of my pet boiling points. We are faced with ever decreasing land access and a sure way to screw up what we have, is to trash a course and have a farmer's animals choke to death on a gel wrapper/tube.

We have a duty to ourselves and MTBing to keep the trash in our collective pockets.