Squirt OR White Lightning Lube for MTB ????

limosine

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Both good but I prefer Squirt. You opening up a very emotive issue here - everyone has their favourites.

Both good but I prefer Squirt. You opening up a very emotive issue here - everyone has their favourites.

I know but I want to get an idea what the MTB people say

White Lighting Epic for me. My way of getting a well lubed chain without a mess all over my bike. Remove the chain ( i have a masterlink to make this easy ) wash it in thinners then once its dried i put it in a ziplock bag with lots off lube squired in and leave till i need it. Lube gets in all the rollers and links . I have done this for years now and it works for me.

But as said buy others , chain lubes and there owners are in a strange kind of cult as everyone has a def pref.

I like your idea of putting the chain in a baggie with some lube. I just wash my chain in cleangreen though.

I love my Park Tool lube, works well in mud and dry. Got it with a crc order, now need to find some in SA.

Much better than Squirt IMO.

I tried white lightning (green or blue bottle) and eventually switched to squirt.

Seems to last longer, especially when things get wet

Mojoman

One thing though , if the chain is not 100% clean you will have a very dirty bag with lube in it. Thus i use thinners to get rid of everything then in the bag and all is clean and shinny.

I used both dry lubes but prefer Squirt. Lasts longer and less messy.

Wet lube would be WL Epic.

White Lighting Epic for me. My way of getting a well lubed chain without a mess all over my bike. Remove the chain ( i have a masterlink to make this easy ) wash it in thinners then once its dried i put it in a ziplock bag with lots off lube squired in and leave till i need it. Lube gets in all the rollers and links . I have done this for years now and it works for me.

But as said buy others , chain lubes and there owners are in a strange kind of cult as everyone has a def pref.

Iron - how often do you do this // alternatively, do you experience that the chain remains "lubed" for longer? Or is this still done every ride / few times a week?

I used both dry lubes but prefer Squirt. Lasts longer and less messy.

Wet lube would be WL Epic.

Hi-jack on

Can someone please enlighten me (us), as to the differences in, and uses for, between a 'drry' and 'wet' lube? Never quite got the distinction...

Hi-jack off

I also use Squirt, for no reason other than that it was the 1st one I picked up, when I first started using lube, at my LBS...

Toyed with changing, purely to check whether I'm not missing something else, but somehow never have... [Don't fix what ain't broke?]

Always used SQuirt then LBS ran out and tried the other. Both work well but I find my chain and cassette stay looking clean for much longer with SQUIRT especially in dusty dirt road conditions here in KZN.