MTB Frame Size

Caerus

Ive been gven the chance to adopt a Santa Cruz blur frame(for free), I want to do it up for the wife. Size wise if the frame is a medium and the wife is 160cm tall would it be worth doing up for her or rather do it up for myself(Im 180cm).

Check out the "fit calculator" on competetivecyclist.com for yourself and your wife. Compare it to the measurements of the frame. BUT if your wife is 160cm (and if you look at the womens design bikes) she will probably not fit well on a medium.

PS. I will provide a good home for the poor free frame.

Where would I be able to find out about the geometry of the frame? I cant seem to find anything.

Ive been gven the chance to adopt a Santa Cruz blur frame(for free), I want to do it up for the wife. Size wise if the frame is a medium and the wife is 160cm tall would it be worth doing up for her or rather do it up for myself(Im 180cm).

Correction, after measuring her myself she is 162cm, not sure if it makes much differance though

Look at the sizing chart thumbnail form Goatman.

Youu are toooo tall for the frame. It just fits your wife!!!

Lucky her!!!

Yeah, lucky her.Not so me, dont know how I would justify a third bike and none for her, lol. So happy days i guess

I think that this will be just to big, any offers? Its a 2004 Blur, with marzocchi fork? Also does anyone know where i kind find the specs on the frame & possibly the geometry.

Correction, after measuring her myself she is 162cm, not sure if it makes much differance though

Ask her to measure you also - could be more fun than cycling

I have some experience with a Blur, in my opinion a medium will be too small for you