Who decided that My Name Dick needs to be commented out?

Dicky DQ

Who decided that my nale needs to be edited out?

I have been called D!ck (must do this or it gets commented out)by friends and customers forever. Damn Get a life ppl.

D!ck is a somewhat common first name for men (#721 out of 1220) and an even more common last name for both men and women (#1388 out of 88799). (1990 U.S. Census)

A man named richard may be nicknamed Dick because that is the traditional diminutive form of the name Richard. More recently, 'Rick' has also become commonplace.

The name Richard is very old and it's true origins may well be lost in the depths of time past.

The name likely stems from Old English, since 'Ric' meant ruler and 'heard' meant hard.

It is also feasible that with the advent of rhyming slang, Richard would be shortened to Rich and then to Rick and on to Dick. Much like William - Will - Bill.

'Dick' eventually, like 'Jack', came to mean one of the common men as in "every Tom, Dick, or Harry". Shakespeare uses "every Tom, Dick, or Francis" in Henry IV Part I.

(Thanks to Wiki Answers)

No really there was some silly filter apparently that ****ed my name.

Sorry guys feeling sorry for myself and needed to vent as I was being neglected. Must be the drugs for the Flu and all the fat building around my midrif.

Anyway sorted now. :D B)

I know 2 guys who names are Dick and we grew up together and thought it was funny when we were kids,but now we still make jokes every now and then with them. :)

Verander jou naam na "voel" toe want die vloek filter verstaan dit nie!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

In short-Dick, live with it.

I changed your message .... apologies..... could not help it!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D

I cnaged your message .... apologies..... could not help it!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D

All good, I thought about doing it as well. lol.

Could be worse. I worked with a short guy who had the surname Weanie....

Teeee heeeee !!!!! I suppose he insisted that his name was Richard and NOT Dick!!!!!!!!!