GOODBYE Athlone Cooling Towers.

DMC007

In approx. 1hr we say 'GOODBYE' to one of Cape Town's Iconic land marks. The 80 metre high structures were deemed structurally unsound in February this year.

...I'm off to take some pic's when Da Bomb goes off and blown to smithereens.

post-3512-016194500 1282466869_thumb.jpg

And the weather is perfect today. Just wish they had public viewing areas closer to the towers.

I was wondering yesterday when I drove past how many gamblers are screwed from tonight as they are not going to have landmark point to get to Grandwest :)

I was up @ UCT to watch.

A nice litte storm cloud came to dampen things a bit and then someone tw@t pressed the button 3 minutes early so I did'nt get any photos!

We were lucky with the traffic and got out of there quickly, but its still pretty jammed up there.

@ Butafly...

They were deemed structural unsound... Now think of your house's roof... And if that may be declared unsound... It it is a tiled roof, you have close to 100kg per square mete above your head. Should that crash down on to you, you will die. So why would you have something that is 80 meters high, stand around thant could possibly claim a single life? How about ten?

Twat = someone who does not understand the physics of gravity...

They will be missed, but they should go...

not disputing that they should of gone , just commenting on splat's twat pressing the plunger 3 minutes early, i also got caught off guard, the twat was the mayor of Cape Town Dan Plato.

twat = the mayor of CT

Apologies. I didnt know it was the mayor.

But doesnt he have a watch?

They caught us ALL offgaurd....ASSH@@LES!!

Maybe it was done intentionally sothat only a few selected peeps could get photos. Where I was standing (Sybrandt Park) guys had huge camera's on tripods and they all missed out!