Road vs MTB pedals

stewie911

Potentially stud pressure if you suffer from that sort of thing. Otherwise no benefit to change.

Okey... there is another thing.. on a road pedal your surface is bigger which means that you have got better support when pedaling... dont know if everybody will agree with me but... go look at some cheap road pedals om sure you will benefit

Okey... there is another thing.. on a road pedal your surface is bigger which means that you have got better support when pedaling... dont know if everybody will agree with me but... go look at some cheap road pedals om sure you will benefit

This is pretty much what Linnega means by stud pressure. Personally, I don't think it will be much of a problem if you've got rigid enough shoes.

It's not actually for me, but for family.

I would classify them as semi fun riders. Both are getting new shoes, so was just wondering if they should go for road or mtb.

The bling factor deffinetly plays a role in deciding. Will be going for a red/white shoe. Probably Sidi

If it's about bling, anything goes I guess.

However, as the owner of both a road and mtb tandem that I ride with my wife or daughter, that being besides the garage full of single seaters, the practicality of mtb pedals and shoes is hard to beat when cruising the coffee shops and restaurants, and for touring.

You said fun riders? I would stick with the mtb pedals in that case.