Polar Service?

Johan A Marais

My Polar ProTrainer 5 software is doing the weirdest thing. Every time I try to install or even uninstall it, it wants to look at removable disk (I:) without giving me an option to direct it onto the correct path i.e. External Hard Disk (J:) or even to my C:/Drive.

Can anyone help me with possible solutions here? I have made contact with Polar in Johannesburg twice, chatted to just about all the IT consultants and the only thing I get is promises of someone that will come back to me. This never happened! I am use to good service from them, but seem like that they do not have answers for me.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My Polar ProTrainer 5 software is doing the weirdest thing. Every time I try to install or even uninstall it, it wants to look at removable disk (I:) without giving me an option to direct it onto the correct path i.e. External Hard Disk (J:) or even to my C:/Drive.

Can anyone help me with possible solutions here? I have made contact with Polar in Johannesburg twice, chatted to just about all the IT consultants and the only thing I get is promises of someone that will come back to me. This never happened! I am use to good service from them, but seem like that they do not have answers for me.

Whenever I run a program update, I cannot open my Polar program at all. It comes up with some message about a file 32 exe (or something like that) not being recognised. I then have to re-install the original program to get it working again.

Sorry for the Hi-Jack, but I also need some help here. ;)

moonman: when you installed the software, did u install from a removable drive that was indexed as I:\?

I dont know what the directory structure of the polar software installation looks like, but sometimes application default drive selections are listed in .INI or .CFG files. I think there should be a polar.ini file in the install directory. Crack it open with wordpad and check for any references to I:\

moonman: when you installed the software, did u install from a removable drive that was indexed as I:\?

I dont know what the directory structure of the polar software installation looks like, but sometimes application default drive selections are listed in .INI or .CFG files. I think there should be a polar.ini file in the install directory. Crack it open with wordpad and check for any references to I:\

Capricorn - I installed it from my D:/Drive but directly onto the external drive J:. I will see if I can find that path as per your comment. Thanks!

it wont be on the CD, it will be in the install directory on your PC. hot damn, bit hard to diagnose without being there. normally this sorta thing happens if installations are not made to the applications default directory located on C:\, or it's referencing a non-existent setting like a default location for user data on a flash drive or something. but i'm reaching here..

it wont be on the CD, it will be in the install directory on your PC. hot damn, bit hard to diagnose without being there. normally this sorta thing happens if installations are not made to the applications default directory located on C:\, or it's referencing a non-existent setting like a default location for user data on a flash drive or something. but i'm reaching here..

I think you are onto something here, how do I get to the install directory on my PC?

It will most likely be in your registry... Just find and update it there. Make sure it's the right entry - and to be safe backup the registry (or at least that entry) if you're unsure.

It will most likely be in your registry... Just find and update it there. Make sure it's the right entry - and to be safe backup the registry (or at least that entry) if you're unsure.

Oh boy SeaBee, where is the registry... I cannot find it?!

type regedit at the Run box in the startmenu (what version of windoze do you use btw?)

ctrl F when the registery is opened, and search for polar. frankly, i dont recommend you muck about in the register, but in the list of keys that come up from your search, look for ones that reference I:\. delete that key.

if not, then u have to go back and find the isntall directory for your polar product. It's normally in C:\Program Files\..

Search for the .ini or .cfg file, open in wordfile as I mentioned previously. Ctrl+f and search for I:\.

delete it.

type regedit at the Run box in the startmenu (what version of windoze do you use btw?)

ctrl F when the registery is opened, and search for polar. frankly, i dont recommend you muck about in the register, but in the list of keys that come up from your search, look for ones that reference I:\. delete that key.

if not, then u have to go back and find the isntall directory for your polar product. It's normally in C:\Program Files\..

Search for the .ini or .cfg file, open in wordfile as I mentioned previously. Ctrl+f and search for I:\.

delete it.

I am on Windows 7. I found the I:\ under regedit, deleted it, but when trying to install/unistall the stupid computer is still looking at I:\... (Should I reboot?)

Could not find a I:\ at .ini or .cfg...

windoze 7? good man! :D

sometimes, there is more than one key that references the same thing for the same application. check there is no other key with I:\ associated with Polar

Whenever I run a program update, I cannot open my Polar program at all. It comes up with some message about a file 32 exe (or something like that) not being recognised. I then have to re-install the original program to get it working again.

Sorry for the Hi-Jack, but I also need some help here. ;)

I am also sorry for thr Hijack.

But I have the same problem.

I am running Windows 7 and didnt have this hassle on my previous PC (Windows XP)

brainf@rt - try the polar forums

hmm, splat: have you tried running the application in compatibility mode? Also, you running win7 64-bit or 32?

windoze 7? good man! :D

sometimes, there is more than one key that references the same thing for the same application. check there is no other key with I:\ associated with Polar

Nope, nothing...