29 inch wheels on mtb

CatGirl

watched pedal talk yesterday and apparently this is going to be the latest in mtb'ing?

dit het baie odd gelyk!!! :D

It only really looks odd if the shorter guys are riding them, the bikes were designed so that us tall gangly kids can play too, now all the little guys wanna come take our toys, bastards!

It only really looks odd if the shorter guys are riding them, the bikes were designed so that us tall gangly kids can play too, now all the little guys wanna come take our toys, bastards!

I take offence to that, my 16" frame with 29" wheels and a negative 20 degree stem looks well proportioned to me! :)

thanks to little guys like me, you big kids now have more than one tyre choice and plethora of frame options....... :P

what will be the benifit to put 29inch wheels on a med frame? can it be done? did not quite follow what the guy on pedal talk said

what will be the benifit to put 29inch wheels on a med frame? can it be done? did not quite follow what the guy on pedal talk said

you can not put 29" wheels on a frame that was designed for 26" wheels. Remember the this number refers to wheels size, not frame size. You need a special frame and fork.

Hey, stop picking on short peeps. We have feelings too.

What is the bennefit of 29" over 26" for the average rider like me who rides a medium frame?

From the reviews I have read on the net it seems that 29ers roll better than 26ers over bumpy terrain but that these slight pros balance out with the cons, such as weight and slower acceleration.

From the reviews I have read on the net it seems that 29ers roll better than 26ers over bumpy terrain but that these slight pros balance out with the cons, such as weight and slower acceleration.

as far as i can remember that is what the guy on pedal talk said...