Another Mugging on Table Mtn

Red Zone

Just heard on the news that another Cyclist has been mugged on Table MTN near the blockhouse.

At Gunpoint, took his bike and backpack. Scumbags deserve the worst.

Looks like riding the mountain in small groups is out.

Riding in small groups is fine, if you are 7 foot tall and weigh 160kgs, or if you have lots of weapons.

When will this madness end?

When someone whips out a 9mm and blows one of the f***ers heads off. Reminds me of cycling in the Eastern Cape in the early nineties. I used to ride with my 9mm strapped to my roadbike.

Are you offering? been doing some weight training then. Much safer your side of the City?

Are you doing the Stellenbosh MTB this weekend?

I lost 200g doing the TransBaviaans - was a little disappointed - I thought a lung weighed more than that. So no, I am not going to scare anyone away with my cyclist torso and arms.

Still trying to decide about Stellenbosch - let me go and check WindGuru.

Compliments of the warthogs list:

Okay, husky justice/divine leveler/what goes around comes around time again!

The local bike patrol owner just popped into the shop and we got chatting and he said that the mountain patrol were on duty this morning on Table Mountain when they came across a mugger. Potentially the one that might have robbed this cyclist we just heard of. They gave chase and low and behold the guy fell off a cliff and he will no longer be bothering some of you up there any more.  We wait to hear if this story hits the press or not!

Newspaper Article: 'Mountain Mugger found dead on ledge'. Now that is good news! Lets hope he is the ONLY mountain (bike) mugger and riding home from work is now safe!

(I am not subscribed to the Cape Argus online, so I cant log on, but there is an article there.)
splat2007-08-29 08:09:19