Old Alpina

TiBones

How do I take the cluster off of an old Alpina 6 Spd. I think it is Campag but I am clueless? Want to put an 8 spd Sora on for my IDT

Can do. Will photoshoot tonite and post. Thanks. It seems to have an internal splin - ey type thing, much like the shimano locknut but my shimano tool doesn't fit.

Thanx Boet! Dunno what the hub is - will look tonight and send a pic email tomorrow if you don't mind? If there is no 8 spd, is my only solution a new back hub? this blerry thing is 13 tooth and I cant get a decent workout. I have put elastic bands on the brakes for some more resistance:D

its probably a regina or sachs maillard screw-on cluster... i think i have the proper tool..... that said, its pointless taking it off if you are wanting to fit an 8spd instead. you aint gonna find an 8spd screw-on cluster very easily at all.

what brand is the hub?

Spot on! Regina's weighed a ton but you could never wear the thing out! I also have most of the old cluster removal tools if you are Joburg based.......glad to help.

Thanks Delgado, I am in Joburg (North). What are the chances of putting something else on there or should I just change the hub?