WTF! Does CSA know what its doing !!!

steve

Fun riders who are not yet licensed with Cycling South Africa, will not be charged a R30 temporary license fee to take part in the PowerAde Dome2Dome Cycling Spectacular, which takes place on 16 September

........... now why did I get charged R30.00 to do some stupid mtb race that was unrideable in sections a couple of months ago?Angry

I was told at Cycle Lab number collection that I had to buy a temporary licence otherwise no ride. But now it seems as though one doesn't have to have a licence - what exactly is a fun rider? Believe it or not but I ride for fun. I know I'm not going to win so I do it for the enjoyment.

Another point, if I buy a license why don't I get a number board with it and then keep this number for the rest of the year instead of having to try remember what number I was last week or the week before??? 
steve2007-08-29 00:50:27

So, you're angry because someone at Cyclelab who has nothing to do with the CSA advised you wrong? Wow.... that makes sense

You will pay this fee for some races in SA already - as understood Amashova and 94.7 - but if you belong to a club you do not need to pay - something like that

So' date=' you're angry because someone at Cyclelab who has nothing to do with the CSA advised you wrong? Wow.... that makes sense [/quote']

........... no it was Gauteng Cycling that took the money from me - thy're based at Cycle Lab. I've done 2 races this year but the point is  ............... as a 'Fun Rider' why do I have to pay if other 'fun riders' don'tAngry

What is the definition of a fun riderConfused