shoes - CRC

Jaco Botha

I speak under correction but I think you can add about 20% import duty onto your order. Also unless you take the courier delivery you can have some anxious waits for your products to arrive in the post. I have been waiting 23 days now for a pair of glasses from them, think they have already been distributed to the needy and have resigned myself to never receiving them.

It all adss up and you could probably buy them locally for about the same price after you add all the individual charges. In my opinion CRC is only worth it if you can get the product at a massive discount or you are ordering loads of stuff and can score on the free delivery offer.

do a search dude, plenty of info on CRC orders and charges.

seem to think shoes falls under clothing which is 40% duties plus you VAT on top of that

Be careful with importing shoes and clothing.

The duties are high (I think 30% on shoes). And then you pay VAT on top.

I have only ordered bicycle parts from CRC since there is no duty on parts; only VAT and handling payable and even then you need to check the local price before you order.

Read the very first post in the Online Shopping section of the Buyer's Guide forum.

Basically, add 62% to the CRC price to get the final landed price.

Customs have a dart board on the wall to decide the tax to levy.

Bought 2 pairs of Sidi shoes this year. Order 1 attracted 16% (incl vat and customs) Order 2 attracted 32% (incl vat and customs).

Anyway I saved R 1000 to R 1500 over the SA dealer DISCOUNTED price.

Customs have a dart board on the wall to decide the tax to levy.

Bought 2 pairs of Sidi shoes this year. Order 1 attracted 16% (incl vat and customs) Order 2 attracted 32% (incl vat and customs).

Anyway I saved R 1000 to R 1500 over the SA dealer DISCOUNTED price.

I buy on crc on a regular basis, and I use evanscycles.com, its the same as crc, both have specials running at the moment, and in most cases its still allot cheaper then the south african market,

best bet is to get a mate to bring them back for you. VAT and duties are heavy on any clothing or shoes. Edman's calc's are about right or speak to your local clearing agent (any freight forwarder or international courier company will give you the detail). Also remember customs has their own exchange rate and formulas for VAT.