Fox fork oil amounts

gongmech

Whilst it is a very nice fork, it is not to be messed with.

Don't dissassemble the travel adjust mechanism unless you're an experienced fork mechanic, it is tricky to get right and requires one special tool.

As for the open bath and semi bath, I'm sure the previous link already gave you the data you need. You can use any brand of fork oil and no need to heed to the Fox scare stories of only using Fox oil.

Why not join us on the fork service workshop in October in your city?

When are you having a fork service workshop in CPT?

Friday afternoon 8 October.

Take a halfday off work and come get dirty.

I can recommend attending the service workshop, you have a good chat, learn how to service your shocks and get your shock service as well.

Friday afternoon 8 October.

Take a halfday off work and come get dirty.

Hi Johan,

I did go to your website and did see the dates that you are coming to CT. It said bike maintenance so i didnt bother. But definitely want to do one of your fork workshops. Think i am available. I see it's R450.

I'll check tommorrow and then hopefully be able to book straight away!!

Looking forward to it.

Crasher- Thanx that service info is brilliant.

Johan- you'lll see me on the course.

Just one more thing...Where do i get 10wt oil for the forks??

Hi Johan,

I did go to your website and did see the dates that you are coming to CT. It said bike maintenance so i didnt bother. But definitely want to do one of your fork workshops. Think i am available. I see it's R450.

I'll check tommorrow and then hopefully be able to book straight away!!

Looking forward to it.

Unfortunately my website doesn't tell the entire story. My Cape Town fork course is a bit more expensive than the Jhb one since I have to make up for travel and accommodation. In Cape Town you guys pay R740-00. I'll update the website.

If you book for the fork course and the DIY Repair and Maintenance course, then we can talk discount.

If you want to book, drop me an e-mail at johanatyellowsadddledotceeodotzeda

Where to get oil? Your best source is a motorbike shop. They usually have a few different weights in stock.

The oil weight system is not standardised so one man's 5WT is another's 7.5WT. Don't fuss too much about this.

Use the heavier weight for the lubricating baths such as the bottom of Rox forks and bottom left of Fox forks. Use either 5 or 7.5 for Rox and Fox dampers. It is usally a case of take what you can get. The only one that is of no use to us is the ultra thin 2WT.

Unfortunately my website doesn't tell the entire story. My Cape Town fork course is a bit more expensive than the Jhb one since I have to make up for travel and accommodation. In Cape Town you guys pay R740-00. I'll update the website.

If you book for the fork course and the DIY Repair and Maintenance course, then we can talk discount.

If you want to book, drop me an e-mail at johanatyellowsadddledotceeodotzeda

Where to get oil? Your best source is a motorbike shop. They usually have a few different weights in stock.

The oil weight system is not standardised so one man's 5WT is another's 7.5WT. Don't fuss too much about this.

Use the heavier weight for the lubricating baths such as the bottom of Rox forks and bottom left of Fox forks. Use either 5 or 7.5 for Rox and Fox dampers. It is usally a case of take what you can get. The only one that is of no use to us is the ultra thin 2WT.

Johan?

What can I use for a Replacement for the Float oil... Omnico doesnt have stock and the havent had for the past 5weeks.....

Johan?

What can I use for a Replacement for the Float oil... Omnico doesnt have stock and the havent had for the past 5weeks.....

Use manual gearbox oil such as Hypoid 80W90 - you want a heavy oil. These are readily available at any spares shop. No need to buy the expensive synthetic ones, mineral oil is good enough.

The smallest quantity is unfortunately 500ml and it will last you forever if you only use it as float fluid. Mix a little bit with normal engine oil for use on your chain. That way you'll get to use it all within the next ten years.

Thanx Johan, your advice is always valued.

I see i have nothing onthe 8th Oct. taken off work so i can be at the fork course for R750.

Now maybe I am just a tjop but I am not sure I want gearbox or motorbike oil in my beautiful fork I paid many thousands or rand for. I would prefer that the correct thing is used B)

Not saying it won't 'work' but ja just my personal preference :rolleyes: