MTB Tyres

alan4251

Hi All

I need some advice on MTB tyres. I want to go tubless and have been advised to go Continental Mountain King 2.2 on the front and Race King 2.2 on the back. This is for traction on the front and less rolling resistance on the back. What do you think about this.

Depends on your where you ride and your riding style. I see you are based in JHB, if you are riding mainly in Gauteng you can also consider Maxxis Monorail/front Crossmark/Rear combo. I found them ito be more durable in dry rocky conditions than the Contis. Otherwise not a bad choice.

For roadies, this season is all about the white.

For mtbers, this era is all about the combo.

Why does no one ride kenda?

Stewie, do you ride Kenda?

I'm probably looking at changing tyres by the end of the year. Had a look at all the opinions/comments posted on the Hub. Sheez...it seems more complicated than choosing tyres for my car!

I like the Maxxis Larsen TT.

I have a Bianchi Doss 5100 with Mach 1 Sub-Zero Disc 32h - Black rims on. Can I go tubeless? and if not waht replacement tyres should i get. Someone should sit be down and explain how this works, as I am technologically challenged

For roadies, this season is all about the white.

For mtbers, this era is all about the combo.

Why does no one ride kenda?

I have just fitted Kenda Karma's yesterday. Will be able to give my opinion very soon.

Sagauro Front - Mezcal/Barro race/aka Back.

Its like the uzzi of tyres - when you absolutely, possotively have to make it through whatever comes you way - accept no substitute!!!! GEAX

I have had that Conti combo since I went tubeless beginning of this year: they certainly do the job on all types of terrain and have lasted quite well. I like the chunky front and the faster rear.

How can the rear of a bike be faster than the front? They work in unison!

Surely this is onl;y a perception and not factual??

Stewie, do you ride Kenda?I'm probably looking at changing tyres by the end of the year. Had a look at all the opinions/comments posted on the Hub. Sheez...it seems more complicated than choosing tyres for my car!I like the Maxxis Larsen TT.I have a Bianchi Doss 5100 with Mach 1 Sub-Zero Disc 32h - Black rims on. Can I go tubeless? and if not waht replacement tyres should i get. Someone should sit be down and explain how this works, as I am technologically challenged

I loved my Kenda Nevegals, especially when fun riding in Stellenbosch. But now I'm racing and not only fun riding anymore, so went for some lighter tyres. (Maxis crossmark, conti race king, schwalbe racing rocket ron etc)

I rode Kenda SB8 this weekend and they are really nice. Very good grip on the corners and roles nicely

I have been using Conti race kings front and rear, in many races and diff conditions and they work really well. bikes just look odd with combos on , my 2c :)

I've been using the continental combo tubeless (mountain king 2.2 front and race king 2.2 at the back). I love these tyres, very grippy and fast rolling. I got around 1000kms out of them since the beginning of the year and they still have a decent amount of tread left, no puncture, no loss of pressure and still the original sealant in it...very happy overall.

i have even ridden sani2c this year which was very wet and found the combination was pretty good in those conditions as well.

I would definitely recommand them.

Nevertheless, I am doing the sabie experience in december and was told it was extremely wet and muddy out there...so I'm wondering about the performance of the race king at the back in those conditions...if anyone has some feedback, any advice would be apreciated, thanks!

Hi All

I need some advice on MTB tyres. I want to go tubless and have been advised to go Continental Mountain King 2.2 on the front and Race King 2.2 on the back. This is for traction on the front and less rolling resistance on the back. What do you think about this.

its a good choice.

alternatively try Schwalbe Racing Ralph on the back and Rocket Ron on the front.

or , if you have a budget constraint Schwalbe Smart Sam on the Back and Albert on the front