SA Cycling shops

Guest coenie

Guest coenie

Ok so recently I have been trying my best to find a frame, I almost settled for a bike.

Been emailing and phoning and I get the same answer over and over.

"Sorry we are all out and waiting for our new 2011 stock" But when you ask when that will be "we think around October"

So can someone tell me if the cycling shops stop their trade for 3 months till the new stock arrive? Or did the short order last year in a hope to not have stock this year?

And then they dont know why the industry is struggling so much

Funny you mention that because I am also looking for a new bike and was told to wait until October. Glad I'm not the only one... <_<

Guest coenie

Funny you mention that because I am also looking for a new bike and was told to wait until October. Glad I'm not the only one... <_<

I think it is not cool....and we must just wait?

I think it is not cool....and we must just wait?

Go get a Morewood. The wait is about 1 week for the frame to arrive and then depending on your spec, another week or 2 to have the bike built.

Guest coenie

Go to a store that actually have bikes on the floor and don't rely on consignment stock.

Where do find such a shop

?

Guest coenie

Go get a Morewood. The wait is about 1 week for the frame to arrive and then depending on your spec, another week or 2 to have the bike built.

Do you have a website for them?

Found the site, but they do not have road bikes or 29er's?

Guest coenie

morewood bikes

you sound like hard work

Why am I hard work, I am looking for a certain bike and they don't have it...or did you get a morewood because you wanted it now?

Hey. If you are lucky enough to buy a new Morewood then you should take a little pride and build it up yourself smile.gif

I guess the changeover to the next year's models is a very big deal for bike shops. They dont expect to sell much in the run-up to the change as people wait for the new models; and old bikes they are holding afterwards have to be marked down.

There will be some stock in the shops but it will be at its lowest this time of year if they're sensible about running their business.

If anyone is looking for a new frame let me know. Will be placing an order next week with Bottecchia

Awesome Italian Machines at great prices!

2011 STOCK AVAILABLE NOW! 21 days to manufacture and 4-7days to arrive at your door

Kieran B)

Why am I hard work, I am looking for a certain bike and they don't have it...or did you get a morewood because you wanted it now?

um, i quoted that as you edited it. i am glad you were able to find the site without my help.

and morewood don't make roadbikes becuase they are principally a downhill brand. they are brawn, rof and beefy. they wouldn't screw up their brand image with some carbon piddle pedlar. that's like hummer bringing out a 1300 2door version for the wife.

but you're on your third epic, you should know this kind of thing.

Guest coenie

um, i quoted that as you edited it. i am glad you were able to find the site without my help.

and morewood don't make roadbikes becuase they are principally a downhill brand. they are brawn, rof and beefy. they wouldn't screw up their brand image with some carbon piddle pedlar. that's like hummer bringing out a 1300 2door version for the wife.

but you're on your third epic, you should know this kind of thing.

Sorry about the edit. I do know about them seen plenty of them on the epic, and until now I did not know that they do not make 29er's or road bike(my bad)

Now if only the made a 29er I would have been there.....