Fixie culture comment…

Tumbleweed

http://bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com/

And just for BigBen…

Similarly, Elisabeth Kübler-Ross neatly summed up the entire process of mourning with her famous "Five Stages of Grief," which are: Denial; Anger; Bargaining; Depression; and Acceptance. (These, incidentally, also happen to be the "Five Stages of Purchasing a Specialized Bicycle.")

post-1604-002102700 1282712639.jpeg

I dig this quote:

"Do they really ride the most dangerous streets in America, or do they simply make regular streets dangerous by riding like complete idiots?"

I don't mind the fixie craze, although I don't quite get the current fixie culture. To me fixies were defined in the movie Quicksilver from the 80's. If the current fixie guys haven't seen it, I suggest they watch it to find out their true roots.

I'd dig a fixie, but it depends on where you live. If I lived near the waterfront in cape town, it would be nice to take a ride down the street for a coffee at the waterfront or take a ride to clifton or so.

Even stellenbosch would be a great place for a ride, but up here in gauteng it doesn't make sense. I'll get one for training though