Giant(Dragons) Service???

Mr. G

I'm busy choosing a 29er ad have considered the Giant, but I have had a friend who has had months of waiting for a part for his carbon Giant mountain bike frame.Has anyone had any dealings with Giant, I believe their agency is Dragons?

Hi i am not pro on slating companies on a public forum,however i find Dragons not to be the mose efficient,it is a pity because it's a great product. :angry:

Guest coenie

Hi i am not pro on slating companies on a public forum,however i find Dragons not to be the mose efficient,it is a pity because it's a great product. :angry:

+1

my frame was damaged late last year and got insurance claim - unfortunately Dragons don't keep any backup stock. So I bought a LOOK...

That seems to be the issue, I mean my friend chose an expensive carbon bike and would understand a week or two wait but it's been months-bad bad!

Hi

Unfortunately,I too had a bad exp..

I was in the market to purchase a 2010 Giant TCR SL Advance and Dragon's never had stock.

They kept promising that it would arrive but they never actually confirmed a date. :(

Pity for the Giant brand as it's a fantastic product and one of only two Bike manufactureres that has produces thier own carbon frames

I worked close with Dragons for about 5 years when I used to be in retail, never had any problems.

My best advice is to work through a big dealer, because the dealers puts alot of pressure on them to get a result ou. Try Bruce Reyneke Lynnwood, and speak to Hilton Hastie, I can give you my word that it'll get sorted out very quickly.

Good luck!

I worked close with Dragons for about 5 years when I used to be in retail, never had any problems.

My best advice is to work through a big dealer, because the dealers puts alot of pressure on them to get a result ou. Try Bruce Reyneke Lynnwood, and speak to Hilton Hastie, I can give you my word that it'll get sorted out very quickly.

Good luck!

Why do they work like that? It sounds like they say "stuff you small shop, the big shop gets his stuff first". Like two claims get logged for the same product from a big store and small store. Big store gets the product because they give more business. That is not right.

Why do they work like that? It sounds like they say "stuff you small shop, the big shop gets his stuff first". Like two claims get logged for the same product from a big store and small store. Big store gets the product because they give more business. That is not right.

They give equal service to all the shops, but what I meant was that a shop that only sells Giant will make sure that the customer gets prime service. They have the longest relationship with Dragon Sports in the country, so I can understan when a shop has 4 or 5 brands on the floor and another shop that only sells their brand for over 10 years now will get a bit better service?

Alot of the time bike shops get their accounts blocked because its not payed, then they make up a story to the customer why they cant get the stock. It'll never happen at Bruce's

IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH A GIANT TAKE IT TO BRUCE REYNEKE LYNNWOOD! cant go wrong with those guys!

They give equal service to all the shops, but what I meant was that a shop that only sells Giant will make sure that the customer gets prime service. They have the longest relationship with Dragon Sports in the country, so I can understan when a shop has 4 or 5 brands on the floor and another shop that only sells their brand for over 10 years now will get a bit better service?

Alot of the time bike shops get their accounts blocked because its not payed, then they make up a story to the customer why they cant get the stock. It'll never happen at Bruce's

IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH A GIANT TAKE IT TO BRUCE REYNEKE LYNNWOOD! cant go wrong with those guys!

But like a say. Shop with 10 brands phone and ask for X but Dragon does not have it. BRC phones them and suddenly they do have it?

But like a say. Shop with 10 brands phone and ask for X but Dragon does not have it. BRC phones them and suddenly they do have it?

No they'll never do that, but the chance that Bruce will have it then if Dragons don't is very good :)

My best mate is the rep for Dragons and I know if they dont have stock of something, that they will make an effort to get it.

Just be glad you dont have to work with Trek, thats a whole different circus! :)

I've experienced Dragon helping a smaller shop by locating a specific model at another dealer, and getting the stock moved.

When it comes to a warranty claim or broken part for a frame, as Mr G mentioned, the bike shop you go to shouldn't affect the outcome. Waiting weeks for something like that is not cool.

I just waited 3 months for a warranty claim which is totally friggin ridiculous in my humble opinion. I would just like to point out that it was not with Dragon Sports though, in case there is any confusion. For that very reason i will not ever own/buy anything that has the Trek/Gary Fisher name on it.

Mr G, if you really want a Giant 29er and there is stock issues, my suggestion to you would be to go buy it from a LBS that would be able to sort you out with something in case of a warranty claim in future.

Just be glad you dont have to work with Trek, thats a whole different circus! :)

How i wish i had this little bit of info 18months ago when i made my purchase!

Circus is an understatement.

When it comes to a warranty claim or broken part for a frame, as Mr G mentioned, the bike shop you go to shouldn't affect the outcome. Waiting weeks for something like that is not cool.

I just waited 3 months for a warranty claim which is totally friggin ridiculous in my humble opinion. I would just like to point out that it was not with Dragon Sports though, in case there is any confusion. For that very reason i will not ever own/buy anything that has the Trek/Gary Fisher name on it.

Mr G, if you really want a Giant 29er and there is stock issues, my suggestion to you would be to go buy it from a LBS that would be able to sort you out with something in case of a warranty claim in future.

I fully agree with you.

But if an account is blocked, the suppliers wont even send out a warranty, I've experienced it when I moved from Bruce's to a shop that only sold Trek/GF.

When I was at Bruce's, if a frame comes in and its a warranty and Dragons dont have stock, Bruce made a plan to give the customer a frame out of his stock, and he waits for the warranty then from Dragons. Thats what I call customer service!

How i wish i had this little bit of info 18months ago when i made my purchase!

Circus is an understatement.

After working with those clowns for 2 years, I will never recommend Trek to any of my customers, not because its a bad brand, but because the company is not fit to carry a brand like Trek. And the tjommie tjommie the owner is with his mates, and sell direct to public at a lower price than cost to the shops?! I dont agree with their principals

I fully agree with you.

But if an account is blocked, the suppliers wont even send out a warranty, I've experienced it when I moved from Bruce's to a shop that only sold Trek/GF.

When I was at Bruce's, if a frame comes in and its a warranty and Dragons dont have stock, Bruce made a plan to give the customer a frame out of his stock, and he waits for the warranty then from Dragons. Thats what I call customer service!

Hi Juan....

BRC is not a exclusive Giant dealer anymore.... He picked up some tiff with them regarding stock and is now stocking about 5 different brands.

But there is nothing wrong with his service.

Mathews is back with the shop again.So the Workshop is tip top again as well...

He also has one of the best wheel builders working for him.