George Single Track/Trails

Thermophage

Hey all,

I am living in George at the moment and looking for more people who are keen to ride single track and technical descents/ascents and jumps/etc.

This would include riding the DH track (but probably skipping some o the jumps).

I'd be keen to hook up and build some new track with slightly smaller jumps as a stepping stone to the larger ones we all probably know already.

So who is keen?

I am getting a little bored of gravel roads to be honest and I think we need some more single track with jumps and drop offs....ESPECIALLY seeing as the drops in Saarsveld are now gone :(

Hope you come right with this. That area could do with more active trail builders (building decent singletrack)-you have potential to have hundreds of km of singletrack at that way!

Yeah, tell me about it...there is already a lot of single track...but it is all just XC type...and that is fun, but not nearly as fun as a trail type single track could be :)

ANd yeah, there is a lot of potential...Just gotta find peeps who are keen to join in the building :D

I think we can just modify portions of existing track bu making more technical, freeride type routes which loop off then join back in, that way we don't have to build all new tracks initially, and we don't bugger up the existing track.

Yeah, tell me about it...there is already a lot of single track...but it is all just XC type...and that is fun, but not nearly as fun as a trail type single track could be :)

ANd yeah, there is a lot of potential...Just gotta find peeps who are keen to join in the building :D

I think we can just modify portions of existing track bu making more technical, freeride type routes which loop off then join back in, that way we don't have to build all new tracks initially, and we don't bugger up the existing track.

Where are these tracks @ as i go down to Mosselbay alot and want to go and ride in that area. Please let know. I'll be there for the december holidays. I dont just want to go to the beach..... I see enough beach in Somerset/Strand area.

Please let know. I like XC.

hey man, i'd be keen to ride so drop me a line when you down there. I'll post links on Garmin connect website of the track as well, so pm me sometime and i'll reply. Just out of the country for a few weeks now, so might be slow to respond :)

hey man, i'd be keen to ride so drop me a line when you down there. I'll post links on Garmin connect website of the track as well, so pm me sometime and i'll reply. Just out of the country for a few weeks now, so might be slow to respond :)

Ok cool i'll let you know!

See you

Hey guys. I live on the Saasveld campus and I'm also getting tiered of mostly riding jeep track. I much prefer to ride single track and as such would love to get involved in building/modifying tracks.

I recently moved here from New Zealand where I used to ride just single track, and a different track each week at that too :)

Best way to get in touch with me is via email: zakiwis@hotmail.com

Kiwi