Erika Green admits that selectors stuffed UP!!!

D_P_

In last nights 1'st General Meeting held to the benefit of improving Women?s Cycling, Erika Green admitted that the National Women's selectors DID NOT operate according to the governance structures and made a mistake! She confirmed the following in public:<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

-         The national women?s selectors (Erika, Glenn Lottering, Alex Cooper) were not informed enough re race results and performance due to the fact they they?ve only been at 1 race this year together ?

-         They did have a selection criterion, but this was hap-hazardly put together amongst themselves (not tested with any-one in cycling world) before the World Selection and it was mainly focused on last years and past results due to the fact that they did not have relevant information re this year. This was communicated to NO ONE ? Thus no rider / manger could prepare ?

-         The selectors NEVER sat together and one selector (Glenn) was not involved in the process because they had his wrong e-mail address. He only found out yesterday what happened ??

-         They as National selectors DID NOT know that we could send 6 ladies, therefore they only chose 4

Erika tendered her resignation as National Women?s Cycling Selector and Convener last night, but because CSA was not in full representation (Only sent Bart), this is not official ?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a joke....

I am in stitches here laughing at what is called a national cycling federation. This is an absolute joke and once again proves their incompetence.

The national selectors had the wrong email address ????????

Why the hell are all the selectors from outside JHB. All the raciong happens up here, not uin Capetown, not in PE. This system is just a total mess. Its absolutely hillariuos.

So much for the "systems in place" mentioned in a previous post.

The only system is that there is no system!!!

Interesting question. Now that they realized they stuffed up big time, will they select 6 ladies and will it include the original ladies picked as well as Ronel. If they leave any of the carrent selected ladies out of the team it will be unfair to them. And if they decide now to include Ronel in the team will she be available to go?

Ronel would you form part of a new team?

A vote of no confidence is the only option. Kick these fools out and replace them.

I am sorry to say, but even the ANC runs a better operation than these idiots.

I am sorry to say' date=' but even the ANC runs a better operation than these idiots.
[/quote']

time for a strike...LOLLOL

So Erika Green admitted where it went wrong .... Just remember it is always easy to criticize people / decisions; but no one wants to do the job.

Without people giving up there valuable/personal time and most of time do it for the passion of the sport; there will be no organisations and no representation at events such as the Worlds ... Give these people some credibility for there goodwill and dedication ...

I am only trying to imagine what would happen to one of my employees if they walked into my office and told me they were sorry about not being in contact with their conterparts as they didnt have the correct email address.

They would be doing cartwheels out the door.

They screwed up, but is it really the best thing for Women's cycling to loose a Olympic Athlete?

So Erika Green admitted where it went wrong .... Just remember it is always easy to criticize people / decisions; but no one wants to do the job.

Without people giving up there valuable/personal time and most of time do it for the passion of the sport; there will be no organisations and no representation at events such as the Worlds ... Give these people some credibility for there goodwill and dedication ...

Fair comment. Like I said before its a thankless job. But, If you do take on the responsibility of the job, DO IT RIGHT.