Roadie cycling in the mountain with a Roadbike

Clint Adams

Last night i saw a guy on a Roadbike on Stellenbosch mountain.I said hi and the guy greeted me but mumbled something as he went down the hill next to the dam. His wheels also did not look straight anymore....

It was not even a Cyclocross bike. He looked really uncomfortable going down.

Any one else seen this happen before?

I have tried a roadie bike on a gravel roads and the odd drop (not too technical) off ... the sandy drop off though did raise my heart rate ten fold with the front wheel that washes out VERY easily and quickly

I have tried a roadie bike on a gravel roads and the odd drop (not too technical) off ... the sandy drop off though did raise my heart rate ten fold with the front wheel that washes out VERY easily and quickly

This was not just gravel it was a mountain Jeep track. Me and my brother were laughing our selves to death.

The dude was not local or a South African.I was going up the mountain slowly. He was mumbling in Italian or some other foreign language.

LOL :D

This was not just gravel it was a mountain Jeep track. Me and my brother were laughing our selves to death.

The dude was not local or a South African.I was going up the mountain slowly. He was mumbling in Italian or some other foreign language.

LOL :D

wonder if he's riding tubeless?

and the geometry would possibly feel more xc than all-mountain, i suppose.

ouch!

Typical tourist....did not read the guidebook properly!!

OR it is a rental bike (just like the rental cars become 4x4's) :D

I have heard about these guys, suppose the closest he came to water is his camelback was ice... :blink:

Typical tourist....did not read the guidebook properly!!

OR it is a rental bike (just like the rental cars become 4x4's) :D

Ja could be?

No way! brilliant!

Check this Roadie out!

I saw tthis in a previous post. Imagine what this cyclist could do on a trick bike or MTB!

About 2 years ago I did Vitago race out a bubbas.

Two kids did the 20km on a tandem roadbike. Think they finished near the middle of the field!