Recommended Retail Incl. VAT

Frame only without rear shock - R 8 799.00

Frame with Fox RP23 - R 11 999.00

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Marius' date=' you are good with editing pics. Change that white fox to a black Reba. I can get a white Racer X in two weeks time.

What's a good price for it? New. R16 500?
[/quote']

Just go to SantaCruz web site, use the bike buider tool, pick a white bike and put a black for on it, you'll have a better idea what it'll look like. Listen, I have a almost black bike with a White fork, you;ll have the oppisite, I initaully thought it was a k@k idea, but now it's kinda cool.

My shortlist: (From what I gather they've all got good support in SA). The word is still that the TITUS is the best ride, but how do you feel?20070830_045124_bike_lg_racx.jpg20070830_045146_virtue1_07de.jpg20070830_045205_3fdad954650c526.jpg20070830_045232_blurxc_large.jpg

mmm, I'd scratch out the felt and the SantaCruz, you'll just break those. The Merida is kinda nice but don't come close to a Titus.

You still need to look at the Mavirick bikes, Rocky Mountain, Yeti and possibly Intense, check out this link: http://www.bikehut.co.za/ 

Maverick = Nice ride, but alot of work keeping it going.

Rocky Mountain = Nice, but not in SA.

Yeti = Not in SA.

Not sure about Intense.

Maverick = Nice ride' date=' but alot of work keeping it going.

Rocky Mountain = Nice, but not in SA.

Yeti = Not in SA.

Not sure about Intense.
[/quote']

Rocky Mountain is available from Global cycles in George.

Yeti from Morningside Cycles here in JHB

Intense is gonna come from Probike.

For now you can get Rocky Mountain and Intense from Bike Hut.

I know with me being THE Titus-whore on the Hub you might find this surprising, but I would also highly recommend you have a look at the Turner Flux.

Beautiful bikes and the local agent was prepared to give me a demo ride on his own bike when i was in the market last year.

Had a ride on a buddy's RFX(6.4inh travel XC bike)....they really are beautifully made and Turner's customer service is without doubt the best in the business.

At that stage they were priced well below the Racer X at Bikehut, around 12-13k.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Racer X for sure, had mine for a month....it's wicked!!

It has a much higher bb than the Blur so has great clearance over obsticles.. just make sure you have nice light parts cause if you don't you could end up with a lead baloon..  It's not the lightest frame but is extreemly rigid...

Without a doubt the best bike I've ever ridden...