Need new MTB frame.

smallrebel

I think it's from the Specialized FSR. Saw a sticker on the back of the Titus. As far as I know Klein, Gary Fisher, Specialized and Trek is all together.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks - have started saving up already. Will not buy lunch today - Titus here we come (only hope I am not too old to ride when I buy)

Titus simply pays Spez for the rights to use a certain component of the FSR design.

Titus' first full-suspension bike used the Amp Research B-3 rear suspension bolted to their own ti front triangle. This rear was at the time sold to about 8 or 9 different companies.

After 1-2 yrs Titus decided to make their own version of the design as the one supplied by Amp was very unreliable and flexy. The idea was great but the execution was not. I owned one and can vouch for that.

This is the design they have perfected over the last 12yrs.

Amp Research also designed and built the first Specialized FSR bikes in the mid-90s. They eventually stopped making bikes and sold the FSR design, which incorporated the features used on their own B-3 rear suspension, and all it's rights and patents to Specialized.

This is why Titus still pays to use the design and is fitted with a 'F.S.R. Suspension Design' sticker on the inside of the chainstay on all their FS bikes.

So....to answer the original question, the RX was before the Hi-Fi

How do the local importers justify a price tag of just under R17,000 for a Racer x frame.. 

You can buy one online in the states for judst under R10,000???

When I bought my ML from Bowman's it would have cost me exactly the same amount to get it online in the States. That was always the case with Titus at Bowmans, keeping in mind that ordering online through the correct channels would mean about $250 postage and 14% VAT.

Don't lnow about the new agents. Also remember that companies like Competitive Cyclist often have stock clearance sales with huge discounts. You can't expect the local guys to match them.

Titus simply pays Spez for the rights to use a certain component of the FSR design.

Sjoe had I only known that before ! Would have had far more comments about those Titus'. Good to know that you at least have a bit of the best technology available to you smiley2.gif

Sjoe had I only known that before ! Would have had far more comments about those Titus'. Good to know that you at least have a bit of the best technology available to you smiley2.gif

Yes BigBen....don't gloat too much now Wink Specialized after all BOUGHT the technology from the Austrian engineer Horst Leitner(we all know the Horst-link, right?)

And lets not forget that Titus is the company that perfected the design TongueBig%20smile

<?:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /> <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />My new weapon!!