Garmin Edge 800 announced.

Jaco Steyn

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Woow and I thought my 705 was too big, that's going a tad overboard, I prefer the 500 but what fantastic features does it have

You could watch the latest episodes of your favourite TV series with that thing while you're out riding! :blink:

Touchscreen

Then maybe that is why it is so big, for those people with fat fingers - aaaahhhhh I now see the method to the madness - not like any of use are weight conscience or anything. :blink:

[unit is larger than the 500 but smaller (3.5 vs 4 inch)than 705 but with a larger screen. IMO for weight and size and those with a good sense of direction the mapless 500 will still be preferd by racers, but for others this would be a great device, particulary as it uses the same bike bracket as the 500.

[unit is larger than the 500 but smaller (3.5 vs 4 inch)than 705 but with a larger screen. IMO for weight and size and those with a good sense of direction the mapless 500 will still be preferd by racers, but for others this would be a great device, particulary as it uses the same bike bracket as the 500.

Hmm, I like it.

I dont care about size, an extra 2 grammes wont make any differance to my ride. :)

I also like the big screen which is great for us 'senior citizens" who need reading glasses, I cant see squat on my present garmin without wearing inserts in my sunglasses, which I usually take out when driving and forget to put back in when I go ride / run.