Home altitude setup

Clint Adams

Speak of altitude, how high is the West Rand. And get lost, I'm not cycling to the coast. Or where can we get the info. That polar is screwed up, it tells me I climbed 66m, when swimming. :D

Speak of altitude, how high is the West Rand. And get lost, I'm not cycling to the coast. Or where can we get the info. That polar is screwed up, it tells me I climbed 66m, when swimming. :D

Contact Lanseria (or if you know a "Flyboy" a pilot flying from Boltonia Aerodrome (they're still using it!?)). They should be able to give you the altitude where you at.

You can get the altitude off Google Earth - just find your house and the and hover the cursor above it. the altitude is displayed at the bottom of the page.

You can get the altitude off Google Earth - just find your house and the and hover the cursor above it. the altitude is displayed at the bottom of the page.

Also great for creating an altitude profile of your favourite routes. Use the help facility, has a great explination of how to do it.

My Casio (not 100% accurate) says 1,425m at Linbro Park (N3 - Marlbro Drive junction) - I live in fourways, so will check at home.

The Casio should be within, say 20m of accurate.

My Garmap topographical map says the top end of Hendrik Potgieter (by Ontdekkers) is at about 1730m. It says N3 - Marlboro is at around 1520m.

Hi,

I bought a Sigma BC2209 recently, still trying to figure out how the "Home Altitude", "Actual Altitude" and "Air pressure compensated for sea level" is interrelated. Not stated very good in the manual.

Regards,

Hi,

I bought a Sigma BC2209 recently, still trying to figure out how the "Home Altitude", "Actual Altitude" and "Air pressure compensated for sea level" is interrelated. Not stated very good in the manual.

Regards,

Like said previously just go to the ocean set it on 0, the sigma pretty much figures out the rest by itself.

My Garmap topographical map says the top end of Hendrik Potgieter (by Ontdekkers) is at about 1730m.

Interesting. I live just off HP and higher up then Ontdekkers and my Polar shows we are 1654m. Interesting that when I start the watch anywhere else it asks me if I want to use the new altitude. Pretty smart stuff out these days.

Hi Covie,

I live in PTA. I know my current alt and home alt. I presume when you enter an air pressure level it overrides the current altitude given, and visa versa?

Or do you need the current air pressure to stark off with?