Strikeing Workers - Visa applications

Caerus

What does one do if you cant get a hold of Home Affairs and your wifes visa(she is Australian) is running out. We cannot contact anyone to find out as they are also on strike, and dont know how long they will be. Any ideas? Its been almost three months since the reapplication of her work visa. The first time it took 10 days because it was all done at your local Home Affairs office now it gets sent to Pretoria( I'm sure to all be lost somewhere) How does somehting that used to take 10 days now takes 3 months.

What does one do if you cant get a hold of Home Affairs and your wifes visa(she is Australian) is running out. We cannot contact anyone to find out as they are also on strike, and dont know how long they will be. Any ideas? Its been almost three months since the reapplication of her work visa. The first time it took 10 days because it was all done at your local Home Affairs office now it gets sent to Pretoria( I'm sure to all be lost somewhere) How does somehting that used to take 10 days now takes 3 months.

I think we all know the answer to this!

Guest Frail4Life

The same with my Registration papers, they told me it will take a week. Then they came back to me saying the Strike has caused my papers not to be processed. That is now a month ago.

The same with my Registration papers, they told me it will take a week. Then they came back to me saying the Strike has caused my papers not to be processed. That is now a month ago.

Eish, so what does one do, we cant even get a hold of anyone to ask a question now. Its stressing the wife out huge. Its also not helping me in convincing her to stay in this coun try either - Doh!

Only solution I can think of is to get a lawyer to contact the department concerned, maybe start some sort of court application to get them to move their arse. It's crappy though, good luck to the both of you!

I was kinda hoping that there would be someone on the hub that is lawyer. Someone that could tell me something about what my possibilities are, what happens if the visa is delayed because of the strike(which it will be,)and the other visa runs out, we do we stand. :unsure:

I'm not a lawyer but my gf is and although not her province she reckons if visa runs out then your wife has to leave the country since the strike has nothing to do with the visa itself or the slowness of staff, and either wait for the application to be successful or re-apply from start. She reckons speak to a lawyer who is experienced in visa's and such (try phoning passport center or similar). good luck

I'm not a lawyer but my gf is and although not her province she reckons if visa runs out then your wife has to leave the country since the strike has nothing to do with the visa itself or the slowness of staff, and either wait for the application to be successful or re-apply from start. She reckons speak to a lawyer who is experienced in visa's and such (try phoning passport center or similar). good luck

[/quote

Thanks, ill check it out. This is getting serious now. We applied with plenty of time for it be done, but still nothing. The stupid thing is that all documents now get sent to Pretoria toi only be lost.

Finally, someone answered the phone - its been sitting there for three weeks :angry: :rolleyes: . So all sorted, i wonder if they would ever have called to tell us- :unsure: