Someone took a top tube support arm knob off my Thule Euroway

GuyP

Sometime back I lost one of those knobs due to my own carelessness (not tightening the knobs on unused bike bays). So I bought a few spare from Thule, one to replace the one I lost, and another just-in-case, although I'm sure I won't repeat my mistake.

So today, two mates and myself meet at my house, and we left for some fun at Teak Place. We got there, took the bikes off, and went and had our fun.

Then we came back, and as I tried to put the bikes back, I noticed one of the knobs missing. Not on the ground, not anywhere, just missing. It was there when we arrived at Teak because I had to loosen them all to get the three bikes off!

I think what's annoying is that I suspect of our fellow cyclists that took it! I can't imagine anyone else without a Thule walking around and suddenly deciding one of those knobs would make a nice momento!

What to do now - the only thing is to take those freaking things off in future and to lock them in the car to prevent this from happening again.

Maybe you shoud buy the lockable ones - I have done this, although I do not lock when there are no bikes on.....

If you need a standard one without a lock I have as I replaced with lockables - presume this is the standard ride-on?

Unfortunelty it appears that there is no honour amongst cyclists!

neither among adventure racers - which is a much smaller community - i 'lost' a splashie out of my boat about 2 months back. then at sawzi xtreme i 'lost' a split paddle, again out of my boat. the other paddler's split paddle was also in tha boat (and not there when we got there); we advertised on the ar mailing list, but i suppose if anyone took it by accident, we would have heard something.

it's quite annoying - yes, because it's very expensive, but also because i now have to give up playtime to replace it - but mostly because if i can't leave my boat anywhere during a race, it means that i can't race <insert picture with steam coming from ears>

i guess it's just the price of the sport we're chose???

Sadly sounds the way to go Flea - but best lock them even when there's no bikes on!

i guess it's just the price of the sport we're chose???

Maybe we should be happy that's it's not whole bikes/boats that are going missing ... or are they?

Someone 'stole' my wife's 'firt time out' Uvex sunglasses at Teaks a while back - actually she left them in the bathroom and, when she went back, they had gone, and nobody had handed them in.

May not have been a cyclist (there are non-cyclists and staff), but they were sports sunglasses! If I find who stole them, I could give them the replacement light tint, yellow, and clear lenses that went with them - I have no use for them now!

It seems like it happens everywhere!

Back to the thread, I have 'locking knobs' on my Thule and I lock them even when there is not a bike on (if they're 'detachable arms', make sure you wind the know in - otherwise they'll just steal the whole arm and get a spare key - the key number is on the lock B) :o :blink: )

If I find who stole them, I could give them the replacement light tint, yellow, and clear lenses that went with them - I have no use for them now!

haha that's wht i was thinking about the split paddle - i still have the thingy to tighten the 2 parts or get them loose if they're too tight - and the bag :(

Crappy, I have a busted Thule with all sorts of spares that are still fine, ur welcome to give me a shout if you want a nob :o

Crappy, I have a busted Thule with all sorts of spares that are still fine, ur welcome to give me a shout if you want a nob :o

Thanks Wheelsuck - will keep that in mind!

How did it get stuffed up?