how on earth?!

dylankeyter

can someone please explain to me why i have gotten 3 puntures while riding with my indoor trainer?! the tire is pretty warn but not too bad.

I've heard people are hacking into virtual reality trainers and leaving virtual tin tacks on the virtual road....... virtually....really.

Thyolo2007-08-30 12:22:03

Do your tubes have patches on them?? IDT generates a lot of heat which can cause some patch glue to melt and leak, also old tubes durrrrent like the heat either.
SwissVan2007-08-30 14:13:29

Maybe you keep riding over thorns? broken glass? Tongue

so your house is pretty much like mine, then?LOL

dylan, did you get sorted with the blisters?

haha my house is clean thanks, i think it is the heat definitely.... yes feeling much better thanks holy roller. i couldnt get hold of methylate, and struggled to drain it, the skin is very thick on my toe. pain is going away, so will be able to race this weekend

haha my house is clean thanks' date=' i think it is the heat definitely.... yes feeling much better thanks holy roller. i couldnt get hold of methylate, and struggled to drain it, the skin is very thick on my toe. pain is going away, so will be able to race this weekend [/quote']

good to hear! good luck, dude!
holy roller2007-08-31 00:25:55

you need to regularly go over your tyres with a sharp knife and scrape the glass shards out outherwise they will migrate through your tyres. you can then seal the little cuts with superglue.

haha my house is clean thanks' date=' i think it is the heat definitely.... yes feeling much better thanks holy roller. i couldnt get hold of methylate, and struggled to drain it, the skin is very thick on my toe. pain is going away, so will be able to race this weekend [/quote']

Dylan

Regarding the blisters. Don't remove the skin or cut it open. Take a needle with cotton thread and thread it through the blister a couple of times leaving the ends hanging from the blister. The fluid will drain through the cotton and after a day or two the blister is dry and you can pull the thread out.

My tip for the day.Wink

Also had a puncture on the idt, with that ugly yellow tyre. A patch wore out. the pressure off the roller probably push glass etc through the tyre and pshhhhhhhh.... that pisses me off on the idt.Angry