Can change in saddle setup cause red welts on my arse??

CJVDM

My seatpost snapped a week ago and the new seatpost and saddle is propably not 100% as per my prev setup. I havent measured the new setup but just adjusted until it felt right.

Now, on my last 2 rides im greeted by nice painful red welts after my rides. Is this because of the possible setup change or could my saddle perhaps be damaged now? I cant see or feel anything wrong on the saddle but perhaps the wings (Fizik Gobi) could be damaged?

Could be the angle of your seat.

I had extreme ballache the last two weeks in my left nut and could not figure out why. I commute most days to work about 6km. Thought it my be from my vasectomy last month, then I released it was my seat. Did a quick adjustment to drop the nose and everything was fine. Went for a 1hr ride today and no more ballache :)

Difficult to say. Post a picture to help us understand the location of the welts.

Thats a bit below the belt don't you say? ;)

It may be the seat. I have been riding a Selle Italia SLR from since I started cycling, so I think my arse is just about shaped like a Selle Italia SLR. Once I tried to put on a Fizik saddle which I got for free, and after one ride I was sore. Changed back my saddle ... and voila, the pain was gone. It's not that the Fizik is a bad saddle, I actually liked it. Just didn't want to "ride it in".

Difficult to say. Post a picture to help us understand the location of the welts.

Ja and if there are any chicks who've had the same problem they must post pics too....

I agree with William, change to a Sella Italia SLR !!!

I've also ridden with a Fizik & it felt very uncomfortable, changed to a SLR and I'm a happy chappie now.

Why didn't you use your old saddle ?

My seatpost snapped a week ago and the new seatpost and saddle is propably not 100% as per my prev setup. I havent measured the new setup but just adjusted until it felt right.

Now, on my last 2 rides im greeted by nice painful red welts after my rides. Is this because of the possible setup change or could my saddle perhaps be damaged now? I cant see or feel anything wrong on the saddle but perhaps the wings (Fizik Gobi) could be damaged?

if you a girl..pls post a pic for clarification..

if you a girl..pls post a pic for clarification..

Welts? Ok, it's one of those crops they use for horseriding. Happened to me the other day as well - told my wife that's the last time.

Nah guys, my arse is not the most picturesque... Its not a new saddle, been using it for almost 5 months now and highly recommend the Gobi. Ill try lifting the nose as someone suggested.

Will let you know...

First instinct is usually right.

If you suspect that the saddle is causing the welts, then it probably is the saddle.

I'm also not a fan of Fizik saddles. Decent bar tape though.

Personally: SAN MARCO =#1

I agree with William, change to a Sella Italia SLR !!!

Advising somebody to go to a particular saddle without knowing the shape of their ass is like me telling you to put semi-slick tyres on your car because I love them on my sports car. They may not be quite as awesome on your Land Cruiser.

Saddles are the one piece of kit where the usual guidelines of price, perceived value, reputation etc. count for nothing.

I hated the SLR. I didn't really get on with the Fi:zik Arione which just about everybody seems to love. My holy grail saddle turned out to be the Fi:zik Aliante which is like riding around while angels caress my nether regions.

But, to the OP, if you have nice brackets like this ( * ) around your ringpiece, then yes, it's the saddle that's at the bottom of it.

James

A smudgy brown marking usually indicates a close call with a motor vehicle ---> #*# In these cases the welts may appear on other parts of the body, often in a seemingly random arrangement.