Is the alot of Fat Mountain bikers out there???

Clint Adams

I am a bit over weight that is why i started cycling. I don't really like the tight fitting shirts...

The padded shorts i can live with but the shirts is a bit to tight. looking for something more loose fitting.

where can i buy??????????? :blink:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

but the ****s is a bit to tight.

you can get stuff for that too, just not at a bike shop rolleyes.gif

I am also bigger than most and hate tight fitting tops. All I do is buy 5XL Anotimc cycling shirts and the fit nice and loose.

Diito for Fox I have one and it is baggy.

To answer your question....Yes, there are a lot of fat Mtb'ers out there, but who cares......just have fun and continuously work on your fitness, before long you won't have to purchase 3XL cycling shirts anymore, but only L......ask me, I speak from experience.... :P

I am a bit over weight that is why i started cycling. I don't really like the tight fitting shirts...

The padded shorts i can live with but the ****s is a bit to tight. looking for something more loose fitting.

Clint, last year March I weighed over 103kg (I think it was more like 105), within 7 mths I went down to 90kg.

I quickly discovered buying my shirts from Mr Price Sports at Somerset Mall worked out the best. They are cheap so you can afford to buy sizes that fit you comfortably now and then replace them in a couple of weeks/months time again :)

Clint, last year March I weighed over 103kg (I think it was more like 105), within 7 mths I went down to 90kg.

I quickly discovered buying my shirts from Mr Price Sports at Somerset Mall worked out the best. They are cheap so you can afford to buy sizes that fit you comfortably now and then replace them in a couple of weeks/months time again :)

ditto....2 years ago I was 106kg's...now 88....feel much better, rides much better...life's GOOD!!! :D

I'm pretty in shape, but also prefer looser shirts. I cycle with nike gym/fitness shirts. Breathe well and give me the clingy-less style I like :) Hope that helps

I agree bought mine from Mr Price Sports as well , but yes cycling will make you drop the weight if you watch what you eat , and only cheat while on the bike ;) , I started cycling a year ago weighing in at 108kg ... currently sitting at 75 kg ... so yes cycling works.

The padded shorts i can live with but the ****s is a bit to tight. looking for something more loose fitting.

Are tight cycling tops giving you the ****s?????? Wear them dont eat them :lol: :lol: :lol:

Most cycling manufacturers make larger size cycling tops. Contact Anatomic. They do make "neutral" tops in larger sizes that does not advertise anything that works. Also switch to bib shorts as the "kruisbande" also helps.

I would think buying a size or two bigger would be the best option....

On a similair note, why is it that I spend all my races (up until the very end)overtaking so called "fat" cyclists?

I guess size does not matter.... in cycling that is....