Which one would you choose?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which one would you choose?

• Mavic Ksyrium Elite
    • American Classic Victory
    • Easton EA50 SL
    • Bontrager Race Lite

Hi,

I need some help choosing a wheelset. I currently have the std set that the bicycle was purchased with in 2001 (Not sure what they are. Thinking of purschasing a new set. These are my options:

1. Mavic Ksyrium Elite

2. American Classic Victory

3. Easton EA50 SL

4. Bontrager Race Lite

My weight avg's at about 105kg's.

I am having similar thoughts and am leaning towards Easton EA70 or if I could stretch the budget a little more, EA90 SL.

Do you know what the carrying weight ratings of those wheelsets are?

I'm not sure, but at 105Kg, have you considered a custom build maybe, something like Mavic A719 on Shimano HB-HF08 hubs with butted/aero spokes, for durability?

A few years ago I bought Race Lites, nice wheels, without a weight restriction, I was told, as I was 95kg. I broke a spoke after about 500km. It was repaired with a spoke from stock as I grew tired of waiting for spares from Just Fun. Two months later I broke two more spokes on the same wheel. I fought for, and received a new wheel. Shortly after that, a fellow club member broke a spoke on his. I sold mine. I use Fulcrum Racing 7's for training, bullet proof.

Be careful of proprietary wheelsets. Find out what the backup is like.

My Fulcrum Red Metal 5 front wheel died in a freak night riding accident.

The local suppliers don't have rims or a front wheel for me. No support from them at all.

So now I'm riding a mixed wheelset.

Do a search here and try to see where the suppliers have been helpful or not.

I've also not heard great things about Fulcrums after sales service... and on Friday read a post about someone not getting great back up from Easton - waited more than 6 months for a rim (and then just had to settle for a different rim make :blink: )...

I personally use Mavic - have only heard good things about them (but as yet - thankfully - haven't needed their after sales service).

my 3.5cents worth :rolleyes: