Aerozine BB

AndreZA

Anybody using or used an Aerozine BB? Want to know how good the fit is with Shimano cranks. Shimano does not make plain silver Ultegra cups anymore unless I go for 105 or DA.

I used one on my mtb and I must say it still runs nicely. What is nice about them is that they are serviceable. So you don't have to replace the cups, just the bearings.

I had to clean it regularly though as it seems to collect a lot of dirt and grime from offroad riding. But on a road bike it should be super.

For the price it would be difficult to beat.

Also got one on the mtb. X-type or something like that. No problems thus far.

Using it with LX cranks.

Sounds good. Thanks guys.

Have a look at the KCNC ones as well. They are a bit more expensive than then Aerozine but will last longer.

the bearings are not the best but you can replace them with better ones. A rule of thumb is add additional grease even to new BB's and they will last.

• 2 weeks later...

Just opened my BB ... the left Aerozine BB bearing is stuffed. It didn't last that long, didn't really see any mud ... but there was water inside ...

Damn, need to fix it by tomorrow ... don't know why I always leave stuff like this so late in the week ...

What do I need to remove the bearings? And where do I get replacement bearings tomorrow?

Or do I get a new BB rather? What other BBs is compatible? Not sure if I heard correct that Shimano 105 is compatible with Shimano XT M770 Hollowtech II?

Just opened my BB ... the left Aerozine BB bearing is stuffed. It didn't last that long, didn't really see any mud ... but there was water inside ...

Damn, need to fix it by tomorrow ... don't know why I always leave stuff like this so late in the week ...

What do I need to remove the bearings? And where do I get replacement bearings tomorrow?

Or do I get a new BB rather? What other BBs is compatible? Not sure if I heard correct that Shimano 105 is compatible with Shimano XT M770 Hollowtech II?

I see you are in Fourways. I'm close. Give me a shout tomorrow and we'll put new bearings for you and DRILL A HOLE IN YOUR BB so that your bearings can last longer.

I see you are in Fourways. I'm close. Give me a shout tomorrow and we'll put new bearings for you and DRILL A HOLE IN YOUR BB so that your bearings can last longer.

Dankie Johan, ek gaan kyk of ek more na my laaste meeting (14:00) kan weg glip by werk en draai kom maak ... as dit genoeg tyd is

Jacques