The HUB Safety Signs

shaunh

We finally have received payment for the June & July competition whereby funds were raised to erect W309 Cycle Safe signs. We have managed to raise funds for the manufacture & erection of 8 signs.

Wolverine & others out Centurion way, please provide me with a suggested route to erect these signs.

Thanks once again to those hubbers whom have supported this initiative & continue to do so.

It is officially the start of the summer season whereby all the cyclists will 'hit' the road as the weather becomes warmer and the races are popular. As mentioned in another post, this week alone, 2 cyclists have lost their lives.

I urge all of you to be vigilant and to obey the rules of the road as these signs do not guarantee your safety. Please use a safety vest and rear light even during the day.

I, too, after a lengthy lay-off will officially start my training next week, so I look forward to meeting fellow hubbers out on the road especially along the routes in the South.

Be Safe & God Bless!! 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I' date=' too, after a lengthy lay-off will officially start my training next week, so I look forward to meeting fellow hubbers out on the road especially along the routes in the South.

Be Safe & God Bless!! 
[/quote']

Shaunh, I'm holding you to this statement heyWink

Thank you Shaun for all the hard work and willingness to do this.

I can only humbly say thank you.  There should be more people like you!!!

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

Dankie Shaun vir alles wat jy doen om veiligheid te bevorder. ook dankie aan die Hubbers wat oop sakke gehad het. Julle is ook tops.

M en ekke begin ook weer te werk aan ons fiets fiksheid sodra ons terugkeer na Lagos op 16 September. Dit word nou winter daar maar wie sal ooit die verskil agterkom. Dit gaan net nie meer reen nie..... dit bly net so warm en vogtig. Ons is beide vrek siek vanb die skoon lug hier by julle en hoop ons is beter teen die tyd wat ons teruggaan huis toe.

Thanks Shaun for everything you are doing - unfortunately one cannot measure your efforts in terms of lifes saved, but I am sure that is a considerable count. Hopefully, over time, we can see a reduction in lifes lost as your project's roll-out continue.

Your effort is the type whose rewards are not measured on earth.

Shaun you're a champ!

As mentioned in a previous post, Botha ave to and from fountains,Eufees to and from Iscor, boeing road ext that passes st George hotel. My 5cents

Thanks Wolfie and others for your kind words and on-going support. It is appreciated!!

Wolfie, I need a map. Can you help and when can the 2 of us ride the route (in my car as I am not ready for bike yet).

No worries Shaun. The areas don't constitute a route as a whole but rather stretches with regular high volumes of cyclists. Any other input from Pta is very welcome.

Shaun you're a champ!
As mentioned in a previous post' date=' Botha ave to and from fountains,Eufees to and from Iscor, boeing road ext that passes st George hotel. My 5cents[/quote']

I'm based in Centurion and you're spot on Wolverine. Number one on my list would be Botha Ave.

shaun, you are the best. thanks to all who contribute whenever and however they can.

moderators, is there any way to create a unique status for shaun - that of "patron saint of cyclists"??? he really deserves every little bit of credit and acknowledgement we can give him. every time i cycle/ride/drive along the cradle route and see the signs i say a "little" (read HUGE) thank you

Thanks for that, slowpoke.

I really don't need any special recognition as what I am doing comes straight from the heart.

As they say, " There are talkers, and then there are doers!". I just do!!!

Wolfie jy en Shaun moet nou nie AL die signs daar in die koue Bokkeveld van Centurion gaan opsit nie!!!!!!! Julle MOET signs in die Noorde opsit ook waar die grootste gedeelte van die beskaafde Pretoria woonagtig is!!!!!!!!