Custom Pinarello DOGMA Team Sky & Team Caisse d'Epargne frames have arrived!

ASG

Very nice but my bank refused my applications for a second and third bond.

Silly question though why is one Campy and the other Shimano - does the manufacturer not sign deals with only one component company - or have I just answered my own question?

Could you get a Sky bike with Campy and visa versa?

Very nice but my bank refused my applications for a second and third bond.

Silly question though why is one Campy and the other Shimano - does the manufacturer not sign deals with only one component company - or have I just answered my own question?

Could you get a Sky bike with Campy and visa versa?

That differs on how the sponsorship deal is structured and other interests that the frame manufacturer has. For example, Trek will always come with SRAM and Bontrager. In other cases individual sponsorship deals will be signed with the teams by various suppliers.

In this case Team Sky has separate deals with Pinarello (for the frames), Shimano (wheels and drivetrain) and SRM (Power meters).

If you read the post you will see that it says frames arrived so I am sure if you want to put Sora on there you can.

But you cant ride a bike like that with nothing less than Super Record.

What does "custom" mean? Parts of your choice or personal geometry?

you can customize your bill between expensive and very expensive.

What does "custom" mean? Parts of your choice or personal geometry?

Good question. My best guess is they are called custom because they are team replicas?

Why does it cost so much more to make a Pinarello than its competitors? Surely no-one would spend that much just for the name, or is it a case of the suppliers sitting down late one night and thinking "wait a minute, wait just a friggin minute, what if there was a way to make someone spend R50k more on a bike that cost the same to make as a Trek".

Why does it cost so much more to make a Pinarello than its competitors? Surely no-one would spend that much just for the name, or is it a case of the suppliers sitting down late one night and thinking "wait a minute, wait just a friggin minute, what if there was a way to make someone spend R50k more on a bike that cost the same to make as a Trek".

Why does it cost so much to make a Trek when you can buy a carbon frame from the east for R3500.

Why does it cost so much to make a Trek when you can buy a carbon frame from the east for R3500.

Touche

like with everything else, it's all about brand. Why pay more for a Levi jeans than say a Lee jeans. Both denim, 100% cotton. Yeah some sometimes quality is marginally better, but price difference really comes down to branding. Just like people are prepared to pay R3000 for a Diesel jeans some folk will be prepared to pay R50K plus for a frame. Makes them feel better I suppose.

Damn cool bikes, notwithstanding the price tag! Like they say, if you can't stand the heat, rather leave the kitchen, and let the guys with the moola decide how they want to spend their bucks! ;)