i Hate Giant

Gravity

I had to use that title because i am sick of creating topics that people dont look at or comment on, i am an attention seeker and not getting any responses annoys me.

I ride rode a GT Zaskar Team (the old alu butted frame one)

i love loved that bike, the components were old and weathered, and the frame was a smidgen too small, but hell i liked that bike.

I recently purchased an old Giant Alias (2006) with much better components (for very acceptable price), let it be said that i dont like the Giant brand, i dont have a reason i just dont like it.

So i was planning to transfer everything good onto my lovely GT, and burn the frame.

Just before dismantling the hideous thing i decided to take it for a ride........it felt pretty good, so i took it for a longer road ride (20kms) it felt GOOOOD.

last night i took it offroad, and it blew my &*()ing mind away, I LOVE Giant.

The frame feels like it is designed for me, it feels supple and solid at the same time and almost effortless to ride.

Do any of you know what i am talking about? Have you ever fallen in love with a bike that you previously hated?

I think i will turn the GT into a singlespeed. Coz i still do love it.....just not as much.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i always swore that i would never, ever, ever, over-my-dead-body ride a suzuki. and v-twins - not-a-chance-in-#$%%. then i agreed to test ride a zook sv (to buy as a temporary bike while fixing up my cbr). needless to say i will not get rid of either.

i also always said (cycling wise) that ONLY a giant would ever really make me happy - the compact geometry was designed with me in mind. but i test rode a mongoose meteore and i bought it and love it.

end of the day you have to accept - you don't choose a bike - the bike chooses you

Wait untill the day that someone hands you a Mongoose Meteore and says : Give this a shot on that tight technical single track climb!

I had to use that title because i am sick of creating topics that people dont look at or comment on, i am an attention seeker and not getting any responses annoys me.

I ride rode a GT Zaskar Team (the old alu butted frame one)

i love loved that bike, the components were old and weathered, and the frame was a smidgen too small, but hell i liked that bike.

I recently purchased an old Giant Alias (2006) with much better components (for very acceptable price), let it be said that i dont like the Giant brand, i dont have a reason i just dont like it.

So i was planning to transfer everything good onto my lovely GT, and burn the frame.

Just before dismantling the hideous thing i decided to take it for a ride........it felt pretty good, so i took it for a longer road ride (20kms) it felt GOOOOD.

last night i took it offroad, and it blew my &*()ing mind away, I LOVE Giant.

The frame feels like it is designed for me, it feels supple and solid at the same time and almost effortless to ride.

Do any of you know what i am talking about? Have you ever fallen in love with a bike that you previously hated?

I think i will turn the GT into a singlespeed. Coz i still do love it.....just not as much.

I have to agree with you, for me Giant is the only bike that I will allow in my garage, it's like that old saying " we don't want cyclists who wants to ride, we want cyclists who can ride..."

Funny how most Giant riders never say anything about their machines...they just know... Then we get those who gets converted..welcome mate !

I could not agree more.

Gave my mate my Superlight and jumped on his Giant.It was like driving a bus.Hated it