Disappearing sellers.

Jongozi

Does the quiet disappearance of sellers happen often? Happened to a mate of mine also on The Hub........

C’mon guys, Buying a bike is an extremely exiting happening in any cyclist life, and for most of us that earns a salary, it only happens once or if your lucky, twice in a lifetime.

Nothing worst than having the hard earned cash in your hand, on the verge of buying your dream bike, just to find the seller has turned into a black hole and vanished like a smile in a head wind.

It’s like telling a 5 year old her birthday party has been cancelled.

If somebody bought the bike from you for more money or less hassle, or you made a beter deal, have the decency to inform the others who were interested. If you are going to advertise your bike on a website, visit the site now and again to give feedback.

I remember those from my primary school days on the rugby field. Their impact on your energy levels when eating one is the same as when you gear down on a diesel ‘Land Cruiser’. Only your facial expression changes.

Thanks anyway, I’ll. Keep you in mind.

There are lots of potential buyers that also just dissapear.

Lots of questions, sound keen and then nothing. Not even the courtesy to say 'Thanks, but no thanks'

:angry:

I remember those from my primary school days on the rugby field. Their impact on your energy levels when eating one is the same as when you gear down on a diesel ‘Land Cruiser’. Only your facial expression changes.

Thanks anyway, I’ll. Keep you in mind.

LMAO! :lol:

Some ad's are old and every now and then somebody finds such an ad and wants to buy but the buyer is no longer.

I know who you are talking about & even what bike and the same thing happened to me with the same guy/seller.

I wanted something they advertised, sent them a PM and no response.

Just figured he had sold it to somebody else & it wasn't meant to be mine.

Had a similar situation with a bike I wanted, ended up making a much better buy.

Sometimes it's just not meant to be.

I’m with you on this one, if it’s ment to be, it will happen.

“Splat” I’m not taking sides and the statement definitely goes both ways.

I know there are ‘Hubbers’ out there inquiring on everything they see with no intention to buy.

To me, cyclist are like horse owners, they are a breed of their own and I’ve always seen cyclist as this strait backed, chin UP, honest and proud breed, (not to mention fit and lean) breed.

All I’m saying is, buying or selling, finish the deal, whether successful or not.

It's been pretty bad this last week,so many first posts for up-market bikes and then they gone.

Scammers!!!