MIKES BIKES

crasher

Mike built up my Santa Cruz Blur on Monday all I can say is brilliant!!

If like me you are fussy to the point of OCD :D I highly recommend them.

The attention to detail and quality of the work is just brilliant you can see its done by someone with a passion for doing stuff right and who has great pride in the finished product.

There is always so much negative stuff posted about the local bike shops when they get stuff wrong that I think its important to highlight and recommend the guys out there who go out of their way to give quality service. :D

crasher

Mike built up my Santa Cruz Blur on Monday all I can say is brilliant!!

If like me you are fussy to the point of OCD :D I highly recommend them.

The attention to detail and quality of the work is just brilliant you can see its done by someone with a passion for doing stuff right and who has great pride in the finished product.

There is always so much negative stuff posted about the local bike shops when they get stuff wrong that I think its important to highlight and recommend the guys out there who go out of their way to give quality service. :D

crasher

Nice one.....now post a pic of the bladdy thing already!!

Now that looks the Buzz nuz.... Hope it makes you faster ;-)

Love mikes work, he tweeked my new Giant to the point that it,s been good since. Can be known to charge like a wounded bufelo... You get what you pay for I sepose.

Congrats on the new steed, hope you have many great miles.

Mike should have told you to purchase a larger frame.

Some guys like using a smaller frame...

Mike is an awesome guy...Just sometimes the bill gets a bit huge with all the extra bling!!

Just sometimes the bill gets a bit huge with all the extra bling!!

Ah, but it is worth it !!!!!!!!!!

The work done on the bike is the best you will find a a shop in Jo'burg and the bling just sets your bike apart :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Seriously, for what Mike does, the bill is not steep (it is infact a bargain) and it has NEVER been beyond what we had agreed.

Unless you have your own back-up vehicle with mechanic attached, Mike is the real deal

Just for you :)

Are you riding Nissan Saturday?

Hi, I'm thinking of doing the shorter distance on Sat coz I'm doing the Dome2Dome on sunday...

Very awesome machine you have there sir!! Happy trouble free miles ahead I believe..

I have been going there for 3 years now and have not had a single issue....apart from the Tall Boy I cannot afford.

I can recommend the major service.Complete strip down and rebuild once a year.Bike rides like new after that.

Mike is an awesome guy...Just sometimes the bill gets a bit huge with all the extra bling!!

Mike has never been known to be cheap - but in his case you do get what you paid for...

I have been going there for 3 years now and have not had a single issue....apart from the Tall Boy I cannot afford.

I can recommend the major service.Complete strip down and rebuild once a year.Bike rides like new after that.

Hmm, I dont know.

I used to be a firm Mikes Bikes supporter and had my bike serviced there regularly. Always very good.

However the last service they slipped up a bit and things wernt quite so "crisp" when I got it back, bar tape came loose after a week or so, I noticed my upper in-line cable adjusters were gone, little things you know.

The bill unfortunately never "slipped" a bit as well, :) but yeah, it just wasnt the same level I was used to.

Maybe next time.

Hmm, I dont know.

I used to be a firm Mikes Bikes supporter and had my bike serviced there regularly. Always very good.

However the last service they slipped up a bit and things wernt quite so "crisp" when I got it back, bar tape came loose after a week or so, I noticed my upper in-line cable adjusters were gone, little things you know.

The bill unfortunately never "slipped" a bit as well, :) but yeah, it just wasnt the same level I was used to.

Maybe next time.

Lol they said he is good not perfect :)

Lol they said he is good not perfect :)

:D - Yeah, I am grumpy and a tight wad, my wife says I turn over every penny three times before I spend it, but I dont think its true, my arms are too short to reach the bottom of my pockets, so I never get to the penny.! :D

Mike should have told you to purchase a larger frame.

I didnt get the frame from Mike but the frame size is perfect the seat height was not set yet its about 5 inches or so too high I would not be to reach pedals with seat that high

Was eager to take some pics so this was before I set the seat height and position